You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Picker preferences

I originally wrote:

I'm glad that the Apple Color Picker is an option (Illustrator never got this right)...

Would it be possible to have the option in Prefs to use this by default? Or perhaps invoke the system color picker by option-clicking the foreground/background colors? (Also, single clicking the color to invoke the picker would be nice instead of the current double-clicking behaviour)

Currently, I need to open the System color picker separately (without a keyboard shortcut), resulting in 2 color pickers open on the screen.

Thanx for your consideration.

After posting the above, I didn't see it show up (it was my second post and needed approval) so I started to re-post the following -- which might be more clear:

I REALLY appreciate having access to the Apple/System colour picker in the Apps.

Currently, you have to double-click to invoke the built-in colour picker (which I think is a little odd).

Would it be possible at some point to add the preferred colour picker to the Apps' preferences?

Currently to access the Apple colour picker, I have to invoke it from the view menu (with no shortcut). I now see that I can set the shortcut in the beta.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to choose and set the picker in App prefs, and single click a colour well/swatch to invoke the colour picker, and/or option-click to invoke the alternate picker.

Again, I'm sure I'll get used to the current behaviour, so it's not a dealbreaker, but would be nice.

Also, I really do like the built-in color chooser it's fantastic - the reason I use the Apple/system is that I have tons of swatches saved in it for projects, and it's nice to be able to access/pick them.