You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Request for something very similar to Adobe's Textile Designer

My request is for something very similar to Adobe's Textile Designer. https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/textiledesigner.html

It would be great if Serif recognised that textile designers also use their programs other than just graphic designers,  game designers and photographers.  

Why has there never been a survey by Serif to ask your customers how they actually use their programs and for what industry.... ?

Adobe Textile Designer ( ATD) seems to be offering three proceses.

1. One is the tiling process to create repeating patterns. In Affinity Photo, you can use the Affine filter or the new  (v1.9) pattern-making tool (which I have not tried).
  2. The second is to Reduce Colours. Again Affinity offers ways to do this, though probably not targetted in the same way as ATD.
  3. The third is to work with Colourways. This looks to be something I am not able to comment on.

Which of these processes are you looking to do? Are you really sure they cannot be done in Affinity Photo? I know you posted this question in the requests for Affinity Designer, but it looks more like something for Photo.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I have been looking at ATD on the web and it looks as if Adobe has withdrawn ofering this plugin!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 6 months later...

Yes ATD will no longer be published. integrated into aquariodesign.

There should be a way to separate colors faster in Affinty Photo. and there should be live pattern preview.

I used the trial version. When I open a high resolution worksheet, the performance of the program drops.

I couldn't see the Pantone library inside the program.
Especially the TCX and TPG library.