You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can a Publisher document self-reference images of its own pages?

Hi,

This is probably wishful thinking, but I thought I'd ask anyway.  I'm using Publisher to produce a quarterly magazine that has featured images, one each appearing on the front and rear cover.  The first inner page (masthead and table of contents page) contains a block of text that provides a brief description of the front and rear cover photos.  I've decided to add a small version of each of the images beside the descriptive text, and I'm planning to have each image be a complete rendering of the front cover (which contains the magazine title, issue number, etc. in addition to the featured image) and the rear cover.  I know that I can have Publisher export these pages as standalone images, which I can then use as intended, but it occurred to me that it would be really handy if there were a way to place a single page of a Publisher document into the very document that is the source of that image.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Ken

Have you tried it?
Not wanting to contradict sfriedberg but you can place a document into itself, see attached video.
I don’t know how well it works (sometimes you need to visit the Resource Manager to update the ‘donor’ document), and I wouldn’t want to depend on it working myself, but it’s your choice if you want to try it. (Might be best to think of it as an 'experimental' feature until you know it will work properly all of the time.)

See attached and description on page3 

Seems to work as a concept but a bit flaky at times

itsalive.afpub

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.