You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[DAM] Affinity Lightroom Killer Request

1 hour ago, Doctez said:

Ahem... 35€ per month. Other programs want a payment for life... Where's the convenience?

what??????  the Photographer plan is a bit more than 100€ per "year" with 3 softwares (plus the iPad version)  and 20GB storage.

Affiuity team offers an upgrade per year without a real "upgrade" price.

If you are just a beginner you can use also an old perpetual license of a generic software, without further costs.
If you need an updated software you have to pay each eyear in any case. I'm a photographer and I must follow the development of my softwares gear, with a perpetual license or not

Depends on your needs and your skills.

@Doctez it's not a discussion about math, we're talking about costs, however, very low!.

The important thing is to use the right tool. I left AI for AD and no matter how much I save but the quality of work.

Lightroom is the best (alongside captureone) for me and the two versions are complementary in my work.

If we count the hours spent on software in a year, the cost of software is always related to your profit.

AI & AD are great tools and now is the time of Publisher, Afinity DAM probably will be the next a but not now. 

my two cents

Multiple times, Affinity team answered (here or on Twitter) that a DAM was under development…

I even had a private discussion on iMessage with a developper where we talked about Aperture and the DAM:

Quote: “We’re hoping for 2017 for the DAM app :) […]” and my answer before ending the discussion: “Please don’t hesitate to keep in touch with xxxxx for the Aperture thingy.”

I'm still sticking with Aperture because it's the best DAM + non destructive tool I've been able to test, and I know we are multiple sharing this opinion.

As many too, I've put aside all thinking of switching (no way I'm going on Lightroom) because Affinity said they were on it.

This is the biggest sad news for my near future workflow… :(

WebSite.pngTwitter.png500px.pngFlickr.png

18 minutes ago, Tazintosh said:

Multiple times, Affinity team answered (here or on Twitter) that a DAM was under development…

I even had a private discussion on iMessage with a developper where we talked about Aperture and the DAM:

Quote: “We’re hoping for 2017 for the DAM app :) […]” and my answer before ending the discussion: “Please don’t hesitate to keep in touch with xxxxx for the Aperture thingy.”

I'm still sticking with Aperture because it's the best DAM + non destructive tool I've been able to test, and I know we are multiple sharing this opinion.

As many too, I've put aside all thinking of switching (no way I'm going on Lightroom) because Affinity said they were on it.

This is the biggest sad news for my near future workflow… :(

I was saddened when Aperture was discontinued as well...

I would have loved for the Aperture IP to have made its way to the Pixelmator or Affinity teams.  It would have been a great start to a killer and modern DAM/Developer.  BUT that would have delayed the adoption of of Apple's own Photos

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) Mac OS 13 | 4.2 GHz Quad Core Intel-Core i7 | 64GB Ram | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Adobe Photography (Lightroom and Photoshop) | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2 | Capture One Pro (for now) | Topaz Labs Photography Suite | Fast Raw Viewer | NeoFinder

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, boyd said:

Is there any news on a possible release date?

No. Having made the mistake of suggesting that Affinity Publisher for Mac would be released just a few months after the other two apps in the suite, Serif have become very wary of mentioning possible release dates.

I think you’ll have quite a long wait for a DAM to be added to the Affinity suite. Affinity Publisher is on the way, but not before the end of this year, and Affinity Designer for iPad still hasn’t been released despite having been developed to the point where @MattP was able to post a teaser video to Twitter last July.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 months later...

OMG, please please bring out your DAM software. 

I do not trust Adobe with regard to the future of LR Classic. My experience with LR has been extremely buggy with it's connection to my online galleries and sharable "collections". It doesn't connect 99% of the time. 

I need a DAM that I can manage client shot approvals (with notes and favorites) quickly and easily, and on the phone. 

No big deal right?  Just whip out that software? :)

Please help me dump Adobe.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:44 PM, Kingwhistle said:

OMG, please please bring out your DAM software. 

I do not trust Adobe with regard to the future of LR Classic. My experience with LR has been extremely buggy with it's connection to my online galleries and sharable "collections". It doesn't connect 99% of the time. 

I need a DAM that I can manage client shot approvals (with notes and favorites) quickly and easily, and on the phone. 

No big deal right?  Just whip out that software? :)

Please help me dump Adobe.

I agree with you on a soul level. I might actually scream loud enough for the next complex over to hear when they come out with a LR alternative.

Liz DelSignore

Affinity Photo 1.6.4 + Affinity Designer 1.6.4

Field: Digital Marketing

Job Title: Nerd, CEO