You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Past plain text

• 11 months later...

Was there any implementation of a "paste as plain text" feature like what was discussed on this thread? I'm having an issue right now where I copied some text from a website and it has a background "highlighter" color applied to it that I can't seem to remove.

Maybe there's something I'm missing that lets me reset text formatting?

I very often copy text from sites, then paste them into text blocks that are already styled on my document. Now, rather than keeping my documents text formatting, it adopts the formatting from the copied text.

rhumbrecht,

I don't know if this was ever added but there are some programs on the app store that will do this for you. TCleaner (the program name) has two versions, a free one and a paid one that will remove the formatting from copied text. I don't know how well it works but you might try the free one to see how well it works for you. I would like to see this added to Designer too (if it hasn't been added already). A preference would be great as there are occasions when I want the formatting and other times (most of the time) when I don't. 

Hokusai

rhumbrecht,

I don't know if this was ever added but there are some programs on the app store that will do this for you. TCleaner (the program name) has two versions, a free one and a paid one that will remove the formatting from copied text. I don't know how well it works but you might try the free one to see how well it works for you. I would like to see this added to Designer too (if it hasn't been added already). A preference would be great as there are occasions when I want the formatting and other times (most of the time) when I don't. 

Hokusai

Currently, I paste my text into my Terminal or Text Edit program and that strips all formatting. That seems to work ok, however I'd like to not have to take that extra step.

Like I mentioned before, I used to create a text style in Illustrator, then anything I pasted into that paragraph would adopt those styles automatically. This was a huge part of my workflow and sped it up quite a bit.

At the very least, I'd like to have a very quick "remove formatting" or "paste as plain text" button in Affinity. That would take out the extra step of pasting my text into another program first.

rhumbrecht,

You are right, having a "remove formatting" button or the option to paste as plain text would be useful. Hopefully it will make it into Designer sometime in the future. I would imagine that sometime in the future they will add formatting styles so you would be able to do something similar to what you were doing with Illustrator. Just a guess. At least you have a work around for now. I would still try TCleaner (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tcleaner-easy-change-clipboard/id952478594?mt=12) or another similar app (there are some free ones) to see if one of them works better for you. 

Hokusai