You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

As far as I'm aware we still don't support this I'm afraid. Affinity Photo supports plugins however I'm not aware of any that are compatible with Affinity and support Cryptomattes.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Cryptomatte support native in Photo would be a real feather in your cap. You could really steal a certain market share from Photoshop if you build on your current HDR/32 bit features. If you position it to be the ultimate compositor for CG generated still images you would score a coup. In addition to Cryptomatte, adding a really good Z-depth blurring/bokeh live filter would be a godsend. I'm sure there are other aspects that people could mention but I think you get the idea. One of the keys to underdog tools like Photo gaining market share is finding niches and attracting those communities to your product. Word gets around quickly for things like this.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No Cryptomatte = No go for a serious CGI artist.
Please add support.

And, no - the crude hack of doing a flood fill selection from the raw Cryptomatte colour data isn't acceptable. Please don't propagate poor information like that in your 'id pass' video. That's not the right way to use Cryptomatte, and you know it - I hope.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:20 AM, Mike_A said:

No Cryptomatte = No go for a serious CGI artist.
Please add support.

And, no - the crude hack of doing a flood fill selection from the raw Cryptomatte colour data isn't acceptable. Please don't propagate poor information like that in your 'id pass' video. That's not the right way to use Cryptomatte, and you know it - I hope.

What video are you referring to? I'd like to see that. 

This one.
This is a notable mis-representation of Cryptomatte and how it's intended to be used. Selecting flat colour from a raw Cryptomatte data pass is not 'using Cryptomatte' and Affinity shouldn't be suggesting it is. What's shown is simply a crude hack.

A user who knows nothing about this may well come away thinking AP has 'Cryptomatte support'.  For the benefit of others reading this topic: It doesn't.  Look at the misunderstanding here: