You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Maybe-a-bug-report: "Recoverable" documents

Yes, the title is click bait at its best. :D

This is something I discovered to my surprise. And maybe this is already available in the retail version.

1. Create a document somewhere (desktop, network drive etc.), save it and leave it open.

2. Delete the document - not moving to the trash folder - deleting it completely.

3. Return to the open APu document, make a little change and save it.

Result: The intact file appears where it was originally lying. This even works with larger files. It seems to be, that the whole document is inside the memory.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

This is strange one...I concur with @Joachim_L

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

I can repeat this in Photo and Designer, both released and beta. These documents should be locked by their respective apps during editing?

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

On 3/16/2021 at 8:42 AM, Joachim_L said:

This is something I discovered to my surprise. And maybe this is already available in the retail version...

This is a horrible bug!
Since all 3 retail-versions fail to lock the open file it can be moved/deleted without warning.
Even worse: the applications do not warn you, when closing the open file.

Thank god Serif spent developer-time to develop Astrophotography filters etc... far more important.. (?).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.