You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Set the decimal point with the numeric pad doesn't working

An undesired bug in beta 1.9.2.1006, not fixed in 1.9.2.1009: the decimal point of the numeric keypad does not work. For example, prevoiusly, if I wanted to set the height of a rectangle in the Transform menu to a decimal value, I could type 34.5 with the numeric pad and it worked. Not anymore. Now if I type that, it becomes 345 instead. I have to use the standard keyboard comma (My configuration is Spanish) to make it work. It is not a problem with Windows (I reinstalled previous version of Affinity Publisher and it worked perfectly). This little bug is quite annoying and reduces my performance a lot, cause I use it a lot. Hope this will be fixed soon, pleaaaaaase!!!

Thanks a lot

Thanks Pauls.

The decimal separator is ",". However, I have tried to change it to "." and still didn't work. Besides, this has been working before these betas and if I reinstall the previous one, it works again

javier

Thank you very much, Pauls, for your patience.

I think the problem has nothing to do with the keyboard (I attached a picture of it, just in case). This problem happens with the two latest beta (1.9.2.1006 and 1.9.2.1009). It worked OK before. I attached a video to illustrate the problem, where I try to change the width of a rectangle from 40 mm to 50.5 mm, using the numeric pad. I do that with the beta 1.9.2.1009 and with the 1.9.0.932 as indicated in the video. With the 1009 did not work OK (the second time that it works is because I used the normal keyboard), with the 932 it was perfect. I changed nothing else, same computer, same keyboard, same configuration. Just the version of the App.

I think something internal changed with this beta. This problem with the decimal point is not only with the Transform panel, but with any other where decimal values can be used. Seems something general to the treatment of the decimal point.

I have changed the regional configuration of the computer, the language of the App, etc. but still the same problem.

By the way, the same problem also happens with the latest beta of Designer (1.9.2.1005), but not with the version 1.9.1.979.

Thank you.

javier

keyboard.jpg

I can only say that my numeric keypad (once enabled by pressing Num Lock key) allows me to enter decimal points in the transform panel as Pauls noted (my laptop keyboard, even when the separator is set to  or (in Control Panel - Clock and Region - Region- Additional Settings - Decimal Symbol)

Pman

Acer Aspire E51 AMD Radeon E1-7010 processor with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics, Windows 10 Home Version 20H2,  12GB RAM.  
Affinity Designer 1.9.1, Photo 1.9.1, Publisher 1.9.1 Affinity Designer Beta 1.9.2.1005,  
Photo Beta 1.9.2.1005, Publisher  Beta 1.9.2.1014

Lucky you, PMan!

Unfortunately, it is not my case. And the problem has to do with these beta, not with my configuration (taht I did not change). Something in the programming of these beta have changed because it works OK for me with the latest version and before (non beta). I'm affraid the beta doesn't respect the regional settings of windows.

My solution: don't use the beta. Fortunately, the full version works OK in this regard.

Thank you for your response!! It's good to know that this problem doesn't happen to everyone. I imagine if this were the case, Affintiy's people would have taken care of it by now.

Best regards!

javier

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 6:23 PM, JRC58 said:

An undesired bug in beta 1.9.2.1006, not fixed in 1.9.2.1009: the decimal point of the numeric keypad does not work. For example, prevoiusly, if I wanted to set the height of a rectangle in the Transform menu to a decimal value, I could type 34.5 with the numeric pad and it worked. Not anymore. Now if I type that, it becomes 345 instead. I have to use the standard keyboard comma (My configuration is Spanish) to make it work. It is not a problem with Windows (I reinstalled previous version of Affinity Publisher and it worked perfectly). This little bug is quite annoying and reduces my performance a lot, cause I use it a lot. Hope this will be fixed soon, pleaaaaaase!!!

Thanks a lot

Same issue for me: Windows 10, Italian language.

• 2 weeks later...

Salve a tutti!

mi unisco agli utenti che hanno questo problema, risulta molto fastidioso dover inserire la virgola con il tasto "," della tastiera anzichè il punto dal tastierino numerico.

Tengo a precisare che ho settato il punto da Pannello di controllo - Orologio e regione - Regione - Impostazioni aggiuntive - Simbolo decimale e nonostante questo non funziona

Se si potesse risolvere ve ne sarei profondamente grato

molte grazie

• 3 weeks later...

This issue still exists in 1.9.2.1035 and I found no way to work around it. Any comma or decimal point on the keyboard is ignored, when I hit enter. This is obviously not a keyboard issue.
So I cannot input precise diameters for drilling and so on.

Please try to solve this soon!

Best, Fritz

On 4/28/2021 at 10:52 PM, FritzP said:

This issue still exists in 1.9.2.1035 and I found no way to work around it. Any comma or decimal point on the keyboard is ignored, when I hit enter. This is obviously not a keyboard issue.

Hello @FritzP and welcome to the forum.

This seems to be related to this issue below and is aknowledged as a bug. It will most likely be fixed soon:

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 8 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.