You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to export a vector based logo with correct colours?!

I designed a logo in Designer. It's a geometric sign, it's colour is only blue. I choose colour values for Spot color (Pantone), RGB and CMYK. (And all of them also marked as Spot / decor colours!)

Now I need to export this logo as a file, that every graphic designer (with his/her Adobe Software) can work with. I thought, that .eps might be a good option.

But obviously these colour values are not included in my eps-file: Pantone get's lost completely and both CMYK an RGB aren't the same after importing the EPS into InDesign.

I can switch off colour management in Adobe – but not in Affinity, my original -afdesign seems to needs a profile.

Could someone please give some advice?

Thanks so much!

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-15 um 14.47.42.png

DFI-Logo-3-blues.afdesign

33 minutes ago, vincent_berlin said:

It's a geometric sign, it's colour is only blue. I choose colour values for Spot color (Pantone), RGB and CMYK. (And all of them also marked as Spot / decor colours!)

Nichts für Ungut, aber…

Are you sure you understand what you're doing?
Mixing color spaces in one document isn't always the best idea, especially if you want the color values to be portable between apps.
Also, if you want a CMYK color, then it cannot be a spot color.

I'd go for separate document for each color space. Even though a spot color for print can also live together with CMYK in one document.

I thought, that .eps might be a good option.

You mean as in: that "good old" technology from the last millenium…? ;)

No, not really…
Whenever I'd receive an EPS, as the very first step I'm converting it into something useful right away. Usually the MacOS Preview app does a pretty good job in converting EPS to PDF which can then be dissected further by Affinity apps or by my old Illustrator CS5 (which fails to open EPS files created by any newer AI version).

I need to export this logo as a file, that every graphic designer (with his/her Adobe Software) can work with

First, for CMYK & spot make sure your respective document color format is CMYK.

Then export as PDF, use the "PDF for export" preset as a base but click the More button, set "Rasterize: nothing", "Embed profile: off", "Allow advanced features: on".

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2