You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HELP! Transparent canvas becoming white background in pdf export

Hi,

When I'm exporting my afdesigner files from my ipad to pdf, the transparent canvas is appearing as a white border in the pdfs. I want the canvas to go away entirely. Is there a quick trick to remove this on the export? I don't need the "canvas" to export at all in fact. I get the feeling I'm not selecting the right choices on the export, or do I need to resize every canvas to fit perfectly behind the image to achieve this?

I exporting as pdf X-4.

Thanks!

kristian Cryptocurrency_Collector bleed cymk august.pdf

Without investigating your pdf on my desktop, I can’t be sure what I’m seeing. It looks like there’s a stray element, or two, in there you’re unaware of.

If your canvas is set to transparent, then there shouldn’t be a background at all. No special export settings needed.

I suggest:

1. Select all the items that make up the artwork ...
    ** You might find there’s a border that shouldn’t be there, and the mystery will be solved at this point
    So look carefully at all the borders that appear - do they make sense? If they do....

2. Then: export > pdf > area (setting) > whole document.. choose "selection without background"

3. Export

Hope this helps you solve the mystery

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.