You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page Box is changed from BleedBox to TrimBox after Resource Manager update

jospo

Hello, this issue might be related to this one, but my workflow is different so I thought to post it anyway.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create new AP document (doc 1) and export it to PDF with bleeds.

2) Insert exported PDF (from doc 1) it into new AP document (doc 2). 

3) In doc 2 set the Page box to Trim Box.

4) Now update the doc 1 file and export it again to PDF with bleed so there is a new version of the file.

5) Now in the doc 2, go to Resource Manager and click Update for doc 1.

6) This will change the Page Box from BleedBox to TrimBox.

Thanks!

Petr

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

working with AP runnnig the latest version for mac os (10.14.6) i still have the exact same problem as mentioned above. Every time i reopen/update my working file, the linked files within switch from bleed box to trim box, what makes this working process somehow obsolete in my case. Would be happy, if i can get any information on solving this or what maybe triggers this bug.

thx a lot,

benjamin

2 hours ago, türauftürzu said:

Would be happy, if i can get any information on solving this or what maybe triggers this bug.

I have only a workaround for you. This bug is still present in the latest Windows retail version (1.10.5.1342). But you can prevent this behaviour by checking the box Automatically update linked resources when modified externally in Preferences > General. The bug seems to only occur when you manually update the file(s).

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

15 hours ago, joe_l said:

I have only a workaround for you. This bug is still present in the latest Windows retail version (1.10.5.1342). But you can prevent this behaviour by checking the box Automatically update linked resources when modified externally in Preferences > General. The bug seems to only occur when you manually update the file(s).

Thanks Joe! I tried that, and it seems to work quite good. Even if i update or change the linked file by hand, it seems to work reliable in my case. I'll give it a wider try today. Thanks so much for the hint.