You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity on GNU/Linux

I know that not a lot of people use Linux, but a lot of Linux users would love to see Linux support for affinity.  Last mention that about Linux support for affinity was in 2014 and that's a looong time ago. Linux community is growing each year and is getting better. And if affinity would get linux support, more people will be using affinity because there are tons of people (that I talked to) on windows using adobe software, and the only thing holding them back is not much great graphical software for linux, GIMP and Inkscape are cool, but they are not good for everything. I personally love affinity more than adobe and running it in Virtual-Machine is not very pleasant. I know that developing software is not very easy, but to me it would be worth it to give it a shot and make affinity available for everyone.

#Affinity4Linux

43 minutes ago, Waffelo said:

Last mention that about Linux support for affinity was in 2014 and that's a looong time ago.

The last mention was 9 hours ago. The last of over a thousand messages.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

24 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

The last mention was 9 hours ago. The last of over a thousand messages.

John

Yeah but if you ask on twitter, they forward you to 2014 post. So I guess there is official statement. But it is pretty old statement

Edited by Waffelo

#Affinity4Linux

On June 18th 2020, @Patrick Connor said here:

Just for clarity, Linux is not a part of our 1.x development plans, but we are not saying "never".

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Here's hoping for a Linux compatible version! The idea of paying monthly in perpetuity just so that me and my software can talk to my hardware at the most basic level, to simply to have the exact same "conversations" we had the month before (and the month before that...) is insane.