You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 1.9.2 wants a product key to open the beta but I bought it on the app store (unfortantly.)

That means that the beta cannot find the retail versions installed on your iMac. Assuming you do have the retail versions installed, in the standard location, I'm not sure why they aren't found. You could try uninstalling the retail version for one of them and reinstalling it, and then seeing if the beta works.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

How strange, I don't think I changed the location of the apps. I always put the stable and beta apps in the application folder. There is a lot of goofiness going on with the App Store though. Now that new betas came out I might just try and download them to see if the new versions act any different for some reason? I wonder if that would do anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.