You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I purchased the NIK collection and have been trying ti install  but with no luck. I have followed all the instructions from DXO and Affinity HELP  but to no avail. Uninstalled and re installed both  the collection and Affinity but still no luck. I am unable to check the Authorise Global box it remains greyed out after every attempt . I have put in a query to DXO also.

IMG_7419.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Agypsy said:

I purchased the NIK collection and have been trying ti install  but with no luck.

You also need to tick Aloow "Unknown" plugins to be used

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

2 hours ago, Agypsy said:

As you can see the files are on the computer just cant get Affinity to reignite them 

Your folder shows only the stand-alone applications (the ones with the *.app extension), not the plugins (which should have the .plugin extension).

Review the installation instructions, particularly the part about creating a folder for the plugins before continuing. When everything is done right, you should have a subfolder for each of the plugins plus the stand-alone apps.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thanks R C-R I have done that uninstalled and reinstalled yet again - they are all there in the DXO file in NIK for Affinity - the file I created yet again, but as you can see the Authorise Global remains greyed out and only 2 are recognised - this is driving me crazy  - and its too expensive to let it slide 

IMG_7425.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Agypsy said:

they are all there in the DXO file in NIK for Affinity

Your screenshot shows the plugin search folder is one in Application named "NIK for Affinity." If you open that folder in Finder, do you see all the plugin files, probably in subfolders?

14 minutes ago, Agypsy said:

...but as you can see the Authorise Global remains greyed out and only 2 are recognised

Usually, if Authorize Global is greyed out it means you have already done that authorization so you do not need to (nor can you) do that again. It appears all the plugins are recognized -- "Unknown" does not mean they are not. So I suggest trying them & seeing what happens.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thank you so very much, they are there and they work. Boy do I feel stupid now. I thought I had tried absolutely everything - except actually trying them. 

Much appreciate you help, no to go off and learn how to apply them. 

Thanks again

Cheers

Barb 

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, OldHickory30 said:

Am I doing something wrong?

For one thing, you have not set anything in Plugin Support Folders. Usually, that is set to "/" (the entire startup drive).

Affinity Photo 

If you open /Applications/Nik Collection in Finder, in its subfolders do you see any files with the .plugin extension?

Affinity Photo 

• Staff

Hi @OldHickory30,
Go to the Applications folder, right-click the Affinity Photo app, select Get Info then tick Open Using Rosetta in the General section to force Affinity Photo to run as an Intel application instead (to ensure compatibility with photoshop plugins). This should make it work on your Mac. 

Thanks, however  it's already running in Rosseta.The apps will run independently,  just not as plugins.  I do know for a fact,  that they will NOT run through PS on the MAC M1 as a plugin, appears to be the same issue with Affinity. Unless someone can tell me otherwise. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 8.31.58 AM.png

• Staff

Affinity Photo app must be running in Rosetta. You config is also incorrect - you are pointing Affinity to the Nik Collection folder in the Plugin Search Folders section. That folder is where the standalone version are installed, not the plugins files (unless you have instructed the installer to place the plugin files there which is unlikely).

Follow these instructions carefully in particular the second and third bullet points.

Affinity crashes when you try to force it to run via Rosseta.  Nik 3 will run independanty  as I've stated, on the M1 via Roseeta, but NOT as plugins, at least w/ PS. PS is having issues with plugin in general and the M1. I guess I just need to find someone that is running Affinity w/ the MAC M1 using Nik 3 plugins. My guess is you can't have one program i.e.,  Affinity, running native and the plugin running through Rosseta. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 8.58.28 AM.png