You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo - Strange Green Spots when using the repair brush

Since version 1.9 of Affinity Photo I have strange green dots when using the repair brush.
At first thought it was just a display mistake, but the dots are actually saved in the image.

Unfortunately, the current update didn't bring anything either.

MacOS Sierra on a MacPro 3.1 with AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-14 um 12.37.05.png

Which repair brush might this be?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

In English that tool is called the Healing Brush Tool.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Do you have a particular brush set for the healing brush tool, maybe a texture or spray brush?

If you select the healing brush tool, on the context menu there is a More button, click on it to check what brush settings you have selected.

Hmm, behaves normally here v1.9.1 under El Capitan ...

Bildschirmfoto2021-03-14.jpg.f5c715c03d18c35d6d8d3efafa172eb9.jpg

I removed your spots normally with the healing brush tool!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

25 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Hmm, behaves normally here v1.9.1 under El Capitan ...

Bildschirmfoto2021-03-14.jpg.f5c715c03d18c35d6d8d3efafa172eb9.jpg

I removed your spots normally with the healing brush tool!

its not that i wart to remove them, I GET this screen spots on a blue sky ! 
Also tried it with an other picture, the same...

Reseted the brush tool, the same...

But not with the older version 1.8 of affinity photo - only with the new 1.9. and 1.9.1

?

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @globesessions,

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we're currently working through a backlog of tickets, so many thanks for your patience and understanding.

If this is happening in Windows 1.9/.1/.2 then it may be caused by Hardware Acceleration. If you navigate to Edit > Preferences > Performance is this option ticked for you?

If you untick this option, does this resolve the green colour you're seeing being added by this brush?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!