You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OpenCL acceleration almost unusable on 1.9.2.1005

I have no problems with openCL

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

also no problem with OpenCL.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

It works fine here too but for some their graphic card is not supported or badly supported, for many reasons.

But this image makes no sense to me, is it a collage, a few export tried... is it what you see on screen or the resulting jpg export...?

You should describe you computer specs and what graphic card you have. Does it work fine if you disable OpenCL acceleration?

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey RichardMH,

What graphics card and driver version are you using? We have seen this throughout the 1.9 release/beta cycles but I've always struggled  to reproduce it. Mark has managed it once or twice I think.

Nvidia GeForce 1650 SUPER. I've put up a few threads on t his and it just gets worse.

3 hours ago, AlainP said:

It works fine here too but for some their graphic card is not supported or badly supported, for many reasons.

But this image makes no sense to me, is it a collage, a few export tried... is it what you see on screen or the resulting jpg export...?

You should describe you computer specs and what graphic card you have. Does it work fine if you disable OpenCL acceleration?

The picture was a contiguous scene. It got scrambled when exported. Should have been this.

House5.jpg

Similar experiance as OP. Not usable. Nvidia 2070super...

Every time I use merge visible, I get square artifacts. 

When exporting as jpg as well.

Previous 1.9 versions were ok.

On the other hand speed is up 50%

Edited by J.V.

1 hour ago, RichardMH said:

The picture was a contiguous scene. It got scrambled when exported. Should have been this.

OK, what have you done to get it right this time? What about your computer specs....

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

A partial not very satisfactory work around is to stop and restart affinity photo every so often. That seems to clear the buffers and I can for example then reload the afphoto file  export images OK. Sort of negates the speed gains with OpenCL acceleration. The 1650 has 4Gb memory which might be why its not affecting other GPUs?

On 3/17/2021 at 11:56 PM, RichardMH said:

A partial not very satisfactory work around is to stop and restart affinity photo every so often. That seems to clear the buffers and I can for example then reload the afphoto file  export images OK. Sort of negates the speed gains with OpenCL acceleration. The 1650 has 4Gb memory which might be why its not affecting other GPUs?

The 1050 ti has also 4 gb, but have no problem with OpenCL  at all.  But every system has is own issues.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

12 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

@RichardMH, when you're experiencing these problems, what does your disk usage look like? How much space do you have left?

Seem to have plenty of space. 283Gb free space on the drive I store my images and 259Gb on the drive where my programs are. FWIW GPU memory use sits just under 4Gb.

Memory.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I also experience much of the same as those above. Using Nvidia GTX1650 Super and have plenty of system memory and disc space left. Sometimes, the cursor will be "stuck" and refuse to change  when mousing over other icons, but this can be resolved by switching to another (Windows 10) virtual desktop and back. Using a Huion tablet so it may be a problem with the driver but it was a very occasional occurrence many beta iterations ago but seems to be much more often now.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.