You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

4 minutes ago, iconoclast said:

If you want to remove all white pixels on your image, have you tried removing it with blend modes? It's the gear at the right top of the layers panel. In the Blend Modes Panel you just need to drag the right point of the left window to the bottom. That should blend out all white - presumed there is no technical problem that impeds that.

Just tried it out, it does nothing 

11 hours ago, carl123 said:

@bushgirl

It's looking like there is either a problem with your PC or your installed version of APhoto

Can you download the beta version and see if that works correctly - doing that should tell us where the problem lies?

The beta can be installed in addition to your current installation and does not affect it in anyway

@telemax I installed the beta and it is still doing the same thing as the regular affinity.

In either version

Can you go into...

Edit > Preferences > Performance

and switch off (untick) Hardware Acceleration (if enabled)

Please then retest and see if that alone cures the problem

If not, please go back into Edit > Preferences > Performance 

and change the Renderer setting to Warp (leave Hardware acceleration off)

Please then retest and let us know if the problem is now cured

The above 2 steps will help determine (or eliminate) where the problem lies and what the next course of action will be.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 minutes ago, carl123 said:

In either version

Can you go into...

Edit > Preferences > Performance

and switch off (untick) Hardware Acceleration (if enabled)

Please then retest and see if that alone cures the problem

If not, please go back into Edit > Preferences > Performance 

and change the Renderer setting to Warp (leave Hardware acceleration off)

Please then retest and let us know if the problem is now cured

The above 2 steps will help determine (or eliminate) where the problem lies and what the next course of action will be.

Just did both and its still the same

Thanks

I think that just about eliminates affinity as being the source of the problem

In your colour management (devices) screen can you add the sRGB IE6966-2.1 profile shown in my screen below and set it as the default. (it should say default next to it)

Once done try again (switch Renderer back to normal not Warp)

If no change please upload a screenshot of your colour management screen after the above changes

cm.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

8 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Thanks

I think that just about eliminates affinity as being the source of the problem

In your colour management (devices) screen can you add the sRGB IE6966-2.1 profile shown in my screen below and set it as the default. (it should say default next to it)

Once done try again (switch Renderer back to normal not Warp)

If no change please upload a screenshot of your colour management screen after the above changes

Did exactly what you said in color management and affinity and it is still not working 😞 Here is my color management:

gchjftcy.PNG

ghdrth.PNG

21 hours ago, bushgirl said:

My files are just coming from blender where I am exporting a UV layout, they come out as PNG and then open it with affinity photo.

the file you posted was a tiff file.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Sorry, but I've run out of time and ideas for today

Tomorow me and the Dog are going fishing but I'll have another look Thursday if it has not been resolved by then. It's an interesting problem 😋

What seems a little bit odd to me is that the preview of the layer in the layers panel is black. The image I have on my screen, that has a transparent background and a white layer with black lines on it, is white in the preview, with the checkerboard looking through the transparent areas, and verry thin lines. Could it possibly somehow have to do with the channels? Maybe you find some clues for the problem in the history/protocol (don't know how it's called in english).

2 minutes ago, iconoclast said:

What seems a little bit odd to me is that the preview of the layer in the layers panel is black. The image I have on my screen, that has a transparent background and a white layer with black lines on it, is white in the preview, with the checkerboard looking through the transparent areas, and verry thin lines. Could it possibly somehow have to do with the channels? Maybe you find some clues for the problem in the history/protocol (don't know how it's called in english).

it is in the hamburger menu above the layerspanel, checkerboard background.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

15 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Sorry, but I've run out of time and ideas for today

Me again, I've just had a play with my monitors contrast and brightness settings and if I adjust contrast too high I get "pure white" where "transparent" should show

So, it may be worth checking your actual monitor settings (not Windows).

See if there is a reset setting or adjust a few things and see if it makes a difference with the document on screen after having erased some part of it

• Staff
On 3/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, bushgirl said:

I went to my color management and I had all the same settings as you did as a default, I still made sure and I went back on to affinity photo and it is still the same. Another thing is that I have photoshop as well on this PC and that also works for me on this computer, I am able to see transparency. Does this have something to do with the affinity program??

Thanks for confirming that for me, there certainly seems to be something causing this for you - though I'm as stumped as other users in this thread currently as to the reason behind this!

On 3/16/2021 at 5:36 PM, carl123 said:

Me again, I've just had a play with my monitors contrast and brightness settings and if I adjust contrast too high I get "pure white" where "transparent" should show
So, it may be worth checking your actual monitor settings (not Windows).

This is an excellent point, although you can see transparency in Photoshop it may be that the colours used are different for the Affinity transparency and this is not being displayed on your monitor. Another option would be to plug a second monitor in and try testing the app on this screen.

Can you also confirm for me - does you monitor support HDR, or do you have HDR/extended colour gamut modes enabled through your OS?

If you open the Affinity app and navigate to the 32bit Preview Studio, what settings are shown here please? (A screenshot of this would be helpful).

Thanks once again :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!