You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Canvas rotation is not working on 1.9.1

Users are usually freaking out when their canvas rotates and want to know how to stop it!  :) 

I've just tried it and after turning the Affinity Photo preference on, it works as expected: macOS 11.2.3, Affinity Photo 1.9.1

I wonder…  Back in the days when regular desktop troubleshooting was central to my job, you would occasionally see problems like this solved by toggling the setting -  turn off the preference - maybe quit Photo for good measure and then relaunch it - then turn the preference option back on.  It might accomplish nothing, but it will only take a few moments to check out.

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

Thanks Gary 

'I have been there done that' as the Aussie expression goes.

Restarting affinity photo was the first thing I tried after turning off and on the preferences. 

I think I must have downloaded 1 9.1 in a corrupt way.

Couple of mac's OS versions ago, I had to reformat my HD, because of a corrupt OS. 

Havagooday 

Greg