You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What wrong with vector files that open fragmented in Affinity?

I have downloaded some assets from vectoreazy planing to adapt the assets of the image for a better composition in a different image size but when I opened it it was completely rasterized and grid divided (?) I really have no clue why

I opened the files in illustrator and the file looks normal as expected. How can I opened in vectors but in affinity designer iPad ?! 
Why does this happen ? 

image.thumb.jpg.c7ec14bca613889296311f25aba27cac.jpg

I hide that block for reference, the hole images is dived like that and is 100% pixels  

image.thumb.jpg.c600ee6bb0ad8c2e7a26a76c0d0df0ef.jpg

thanks a lot 

Affinity Designer can only read the PDF stream in an AI file. Adobe Illustrator is probably reading proprietary AI data.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1) Check out what was downloaded. Was there an svg file in the bundle ? There often is with Vectoreazy. Open the svg if there.

2) Otherwise export the ai file as a pdf (check settings for rasterising and remove), or svg

Note: not all vector features are supported by svg format - though it’s improving. However, you’ll have a lot of cleaning up to do anyway, regardless. Always is with these free vectors.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.