You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Check your autocorrect settings. I’d expect it to work the other way around (‘3rd’ with a normal ‘3’ and a superscript ‘rd’) but you never know!

By the way, your screenshot shows a couple of names with squiggly red underlines. ‘Gertrude’ is missing its second ‘r’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Also your screenshot shows almost what I want to see, the Typography section of the Character Panel

Your screenshot

1919902007_ScreenShot2021-03-12at2_18_40PM.png.767f6de221b228224532bfbc585fced9.png

What may be causing this problem

1005280598_ScreenShot2021-03-12at2_18_22PM.png.6a8e3724e021058291c5797b8fd59038.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thank you, I'll check autocorrect.  Thanks for pointing out the misspelling.  Struggling with the superscript I didn't notice.  

Would you be able to tell me how to keep the text I'm typing with the the text frame from left to right?  I know there may be too much for the space, but I thought the overflow was at the bottom.  I can't figure out why the text exceeds the left and right margins of the text frame.  Thank you!  PS - LOVE Scotland!  My son and I visited for a month in 2000.  Absolutely fabulous!

My mistake I should have specified that you need to place your Text Caret after the 3 in 3rd, you seem to have it after the d, in your first screenshot, this is a character function. You could select all the text then toggle that on and off to nuke it.

876175991_ScreenShot2021-03-12at2_30_16PM.png.fac4c9bd5b65a8d2dc0ef638fde4e813.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 minutes ago, Wild Currant said:

I can't figure out why the text exceeds the left and right margins of the text frame.

Please post an example showing the problem.

2 minutes ago, Wild Currant said:

Here's a screen shot and it doesn't appear that there is anything highlighted [in Typography].  Boo Hissers.

The text ‘³rd’ is missing from your latest screenshot. Please reinstate it and then make sure to highlight it before checking the Typography panel again.

Alfred spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Wild Currant said:

That worked!

What worked? Changing your autocorrect settings, or something else? :/

Alfred spacer.png

Oh Sorry...under Topography, the superscript icon was on.  Didn't realize that option was in 2 locations.  Now just trying to figure out how to keep text within the left and right boundaries of a text frame.  I've looked at the text frame panel, but that doesn't look like it is the problem.  I'm not sure where to look.  Any thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Wild Currant said:

Oh Sorry...under Topography, the superscript icon was on.  Didn't realize that option was in 2 locations.

Thanks for the clarification! It was actually @Old Bruce, not me, who suggested looking at the Typography panel.

12 minutes ago, Wild Currant said:

Now just trying to figure out how to keep text within the left and right boundaries of a text frame.

Where are you seeing a problem with this? :/

Alfred spacer.png

Old Bruce did offer that solution and you told me about the autocorrect section, which is helpful as well.  This is all so new to me.  I read the manual, but as I'm finding out, the problem isn't always where I think it might be.  I'm grateful that you took your time to help me, Alfred.