You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image Masks Suddenly No Longer Work (Designer)

Hello,

I'm having a problem with layer masks in Designer for Windows. Last night I printed a bunch of images that used mask layers for some icons. They look fine in Designer and when exported, but when printed directly from Designer, the mask layer isn't applied. The icons in question print as a rectangle instead of the shape of the mask layer. Masks work fine as long as they are pixel layers, but image-layer masks (which again, worked fine last night) only display properly in the application, not when printed.

Obviously I can work around this by rasterizing the images used for masks, but I'd rather see if there's a fix first (since this makes it harder to proof things quickly).

Thanks,
Ben

@Ben Martin Yes some exports, like to jpg and png seem to work.  Others like to pdf, svg and eps don't.  I've had little experience in having image masks.  I have mostly have used vectors for masks and on those few image masks I've done in the past I couldn't tell you if they were able to be exported to pdf/printed or not.  So one of the things I tried is to make the mask for the icon out of vectors, replace the image masks and then it seems to work.  Otherwise I'm stumped if you've had them work before.  Attached is what I came up with using a vector mask.  Maybe someone else will figure this out.  Sorry.

Ambush modified1.afdesign

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra