You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nik Collection Recipes Migration??

I have successfully gotten my Nik Collection working (in non-demo) mode, but I am not able to see any of the extensive number of "recipes" I have created when I use the apps with CS6. Is there some trick to this WRT what folders I reference in Preferences, or do I have to manually save and load them in from my CS6 Nik interfaces?

Hi Simon

Welcome to the forums! :)

I am using Colour Efex Pro 4 of the Nik plugins and I am also having the same problem.

The only way I am able to have both recipes that I have created showing in both Affinity and Photoshop is to export the recipe from the NIK plugin in Photoshop and then import it into the NIK plugin in Affinity Photo.

I will log this with our developers to see if there is anything we can do to improve this, but for now that seems like the only way of getting the recipes on both platforms.

Jack

Hey Jack, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I was about to fall back on that method as I've tried various other options (re folder paths) and no joy. Seems as though there must be a fairly simple fix for this, however, as Nik certainly has to store the scripts somewhere... we just need to figure out where that is and how to "reconnect" to it on the different platform.

Cheers!

Hi Simon

I've logged this with the developers so they are aware of it, but just to let you know that we are still working and improving on the plugins within Affinity so this may change, but as this is between two different apps it maybe an update that is needed to be carried out by NIK themselves.

Jack. 

... as Nik certainly has to store the scripts somewhere... we just need to figure out where that is and how to "reconnect" to it on the different platform.

Cheers!

Search for the extension ".np".

You'll find it under: ~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Preferences/Google/Color Efex Pro 4/UserPresets