You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD Export Persona - hide, show, multiple select group slices

I did a search on feature requests on slices, and didn't really see anything on this or in the roadmap. I did see a post that there is more to come for Exporting Personal, but here is a feature(s) I've come to want while working with AD.

In Export Personal (AD), if you create multiple slices, they are literally all over the design, yet we have a palette dedicated to the management of those slices. I would suggest that the palette be the "controller" of showing and hiding slices created by a simple selection(s). So, instead of slices constantly cluttering the design, with only corner anchor points being the highlight a slice is selected, hide the slice unless that slice is selected within the palette.

This would greatly clear up the interface and provide good UX. Especially since you already have to select the slice that you want to export, this would give clear visual feedback of what a user is exporting without all the clutter of other slices.

In addition, to further enhance this, by selecting multiple slices within the palette, it could group slices as a composite export selection. This would allow us to define potential elements of export through slices, without literally having to create every possibility. See attachment. So, since the slices palette already is the determining factor of what is getting exported, and if we hide the slices unless selected, then being able to select multiple elements for different variations of exports would be wonderful as a composite of those selected slices.

If anything, at least hide the slices' bounding boxes unless it is selected within the slices palette. Otherwise, it can get very unruly.

post-2496-0-59909000-1444327859_thumb.png