You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.2.1005

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Benchmark thread - https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/137515-benchmark-1920-results/Changes

• Improved hardware acceleration performance
  • Improved Lens Correction identification
  • Added ability to organise LUT adjustment presets, including support for multiple categories and import / export as ".afluts" files
  • Fixed LUT Adjustment being slow to respond after importing LUT 
  • Fixed loading of certain assets consuming huge amounts of memory
  • Fixed specific Print Profile crash
  • Fixed crash when dragging Unsplash images from panel when Unsplash is returning errors
  • Added F15 / F16 zoom shortcuts for tablets
  • Fixed print orientation being wrong when printing Label with Auto Rotate selected 
  • Fixed stroke width being printed incorrectly on rotated objects 
  • Fixed "Print job was cancelled from print manager" using Canon iPF 5100 drivers 
  • Fixed ending the print spooler from Services causing the app to hang

Previous release notes

• Fixed crash when dragging Unsplash images from panel when Unsplash is returning errors

Unsplash doesn´t crash but it doesn´t load the images either.

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | gumroad.com/myclay
Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

• Staff
1 hour ago, myclay said:

Unsplash doesn´t crash but it doesn´t load the images either.

Thank you, that is to be expected at the moment. Unfortunately that is the best we have as for now we are just avoiding the crash. This post by Unsplash explains what has happened, and we will have to modify our code to adjust for it, which has not yet been done.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

5 minutes ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

How do I access these? :)

https://www.quora.com/If-the-keys-on-the-keyboard-only-go-up-to-F12-how-do-you-enter-F17

In Windows, you can use these shortcuts to enter those keys:

SHIFT+F1=F13
SHIFT+F2=F14
SHIFT+F3=F15
SHIFT+F4=f16
SHIFT+F5=F17
SHIFT+F6=F18
SHIFT+F7=F19
SHIFT+F8=F20
SHIFT+F9=F21
SHIFT+F10=F22
SHIFT+F11=F23
SHIFT+F12=F24

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

18 minutes ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Hm. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. Tried adding shift+F3 (F15) to one of my Wacom buttons as well as resetted my tablet shortcuts, but I can't seem to get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure. If I use Shitf+F1 (for example) as a keyboard shortcut, Affinity sees it as Shift+F1 not F13. So perhaps that approach is not applicable with the Affinity applications.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I'm not sure. If I use Shitf+F1 (for example) as a keyboard shortcut, Affinity sees it as Shift+F1 not F13. So perhaps that approach is not applicable with the Affinity applications.

Yes, I think you'll need a "physical" F15 | F16 key (or for Wacom to send it via hardware).

• 3 weeks later...

This build is fantastic and work faster, no crash or reccurent bug like some previous builds (not all of them).
I thank the team and please guys, make the next build to be similar or better than this one in terms of stability even though we can;t expect any Dev build to be stable in all points.

Blessings

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• 2 weeks later...