Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.9.2.1006

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes / Improvements
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Mac App Store: Not Submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Available

---

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.9.2.1006 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update from the 1.9.1 version recently released to all customers (although it still installs parallel to the released version, as described above). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

---

General
Fix for Replace Image moving Picture Frame content unnecessarily
Significant performance improvements for assets (import, export, organisation, etc.)
Open PDF swaps top and bottom bleeds
Failure to create an object style if the only delta was line weight

Text
Implemented OpenType Reverse Chaining Contextual Single Substitutions (e.g. Iosevka Font)
Fixed crash when a custom wrap shape outline has been converted to text
Pinned nodes could be wrongly moved into overflow
Redraw issue resizing Table with insets
RTF Import: Paragraph style from footnote destination was leaking into main text
Font Size drop menu now sends updates when keys are used as well as mouse
Typography panel performance improvements

---

Release Notes for 1.9.2.998

---

To be notified about all future Mac beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

4 hours ago, smee45 said:

Is there any chance of Publisher 'doing' interactive (text fields etc) on the horizon?

This isn't really the right place for it - there are existing threads on the subject, such as this one:

after.thumb.png.0bd201a02715e1fa5ccbb16702cc451e.pngI guess the bug is nearly fixed. I placed several files in publisher, changed the files in color or color-mode and updated the links. This is what happen:

JPG + TIF, both in a picture frame, scaled, free position: fine

afdesign-files
1 as "linked document" scaled, no picture frame: fine
1 in a picture frame, scaled, free position: fine

PDF from Designer
1 in a picture frame, scaled, free position: fine

PDF from Word
1 in a picture frame, scaled, free position: Fail

BTW: When I start a new document in publisher 1.9… I can not choose my own color profile. The dialog in publisher 1.8.6 shows my the caller ICC-Profile, 1.9 does not.

I'm looking forward to a final release of Publisher 1.9xx

I hope this helps.

Kind regard, Michael

before.png

after.thumb.png.0bd201a02715e1fa5ccbb16702cc451e.png

pub192_profile.png

pub186_profile.png

Update: I found the solution for the missing ICC-Profile here. Neither really convenient nor the of the art. It works for designer (where the profiles are missing too) but not for the publisher beta.

Mac Mini M1 | Big Sur 11.2.3 | Affinity Publisher, Designer, Photo 1.9.2

Hi, 

for me the problem keeps happening even with this beta version. I am placing afphoto file (for example 2 bicycles on transparent background) in picture frame. I crop the frame to see only one bicycle and scale the size. After I do changes to the original afphoto file and I update the link, photo in picture frame is moved and size is totally different. (When using png everything works fine). Thanks for your help.

19 hours ago, Simon21 said:

…After I do changes to the original afphoto file and I update the link, photo in picture frame is moved and size is totally different. (When using png everything works fine). Thanks for your help.

I can confirm this. 

Mac Mini M1 | Big Sur 11.2.3 | Affinity Publisher, Designer, Photo 1.9.2

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.