You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assets are tiny

I use designer mostly for architectural markups. To help with this, I have created many custom assets to label windows etc, draw in new doors, etc. I typically click and drag the asset onto the 36x24in plan, and it works great. However, since the recent update, I thought it was broken but it appears that the assets have shrunk to a few pixels. They present as a tiny dot that cannot be resized. Any insight?

Luckily, I have all my assets saved on a reference page doc, where I can copy and paste from one document to another, but it is really slowing me down and killing my productivity/output. Please help!

For reference, I open PDFs that are to scale, and convert to a designer document, and then change the document settings to measure in inches. That's it.

• Staff

Hi Captain_shortbeard,

There is a known issue in 1.9.1 that placing assets down inside a scaled group or artboard was causing the placed asset to get scaled incorrectly.

If you check out the 1.9.2 beta you should find they're no longer being scaled (although its worth noting the two don't share the same user data, so you will need to re-add your assets).