You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing the Layers Panel & Cannot Get It Back

I'm trying to switch over from Photoshop to Affinity Photo. So far, it's going better than expected . . . however, I inadvertently hit the "x" on the Layers Panel on the right-hand side. Despite reading through all kinds of threads and searching online, I cannot find out how to get it back. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forums @GroguILove  😊.   Ask away when you are confused, and don't spend lots of time trying to figure something out to the point of frustration.   There are so many people like @Old Bruce who so kindly help so many of us!   I'm betting you will learn to love Photo in no time at all!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

8 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

Welcome to the Forums @GroguILove  😊.   Ask away when you are confused, and don't spend lots of time trying to figure something out to the point of frustration.   There are so many people like @Old Bruce who so kindly help so many of us!   I'm betting you will learn to love Photo in no time at all!!

Thanks! I'm surprised how much I am already okay with it, having just gotten it earlier today. I've used Photoshop for years (I do mostly photo restoration and web graphics (banners and the like), and have had to use an old version (even though paying monthly fee for the latest) due to running Windows 7. They told me that if I upgraded to Windows 10, I could run all new editions. So, I finally upgraded two days ago, and now Photoshop released a new update last night that is incompatible with all but the newest processors. And they have no fix and have removed all older versions. I guess this is just a good time to see if I can accustom myself to a new program, and Affinity was recommended on most of the sites discussing other options. So far, it's actually looking really good to me! :)

@GroguILove  Don't you hate bait and switch????    I had that happen in 2013 with InDesign.  So I switched.  Away from Adobe.  I had to wait for a couple of years before I discovered Affinity and even more before Affinity Publisher was released but I have been a VERY HAPPY CAMPER ever since.   Glad you are here too ! 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

4 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

@GroguILove  Don't you hate bait and switch????    I had that happen in 2013 with InDesign.  So I switched.  Away from Adobe.  I had to wait for a couple of years before I discovered Affinity and even more before Affinity Publisher was released but I have been a VERY HAPPY CAMPER ever since.   Glad you are here too ! 

Yes, and this probably isn't the time I'd have picked to upgrade Windows . . . just to find out that Photoshop wants a whole new computer, too. But I will be happy to get away from the monthly thing, and Affinity seems like a much better option than I was even hoping for. So far, it's really looking good!

3 hours ago, GroguILove said:

Such an easy fix after a half hour trying

There is no need to deal with every problem, or wait for an answer on the forum. Since most similar problems have been solved and discussed many times here, it is enough to find them. Personally, I recommend using for forum search Google, which in most cases gives much more relevant results. For example, your problem:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Missing+the+Layers+Panel+site%3Aforum.affinity.serif.com

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.