You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature Request: Multi artboard view as well as single artboard view.

23 hours ago, Designer1 said:

one wants to see only one artboard.

Double click the corresponding Artboard layer in the Layers panel.

23 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Therefore there must be a function to hide all other artboards.

In Layers panel, select those you want to hide and click one of their tickboxes.
You can also move artboards you want to hide into a layer and disable it.
Note that this method disables the content but not the actual white or transparent background of an artboard.

If you want to view just one artboard and not the other ones while you've zoomed out, simply click the artboard in the Layers panel, then move it with the Move tool somewhere else on the document background, far, far away…

The Layers panel is your friend.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

1 hour ago, loukash said:

Double click the corresponding Artboard layer in the Layers panel.

In Layers panel, select those you want to hide and click one of their tickboxes.
You can also move artboards you want to hide into a layer and disable it.
Note that this method disables the content but not the actual white or transparent background of an artboard.

If you want to view just one artboard and not the other ones while you've zoomed out, simply click the artboard in the Layers panel, then move it with the Move tool somewhere else on the document background, far, far away…

The Layers panel is your friend.

I know that. However, this is not functional. The new CorelDRAW 2021 offers much better possibilities: Multi-page view and single-page view.

https://www.coreldraw.com/en/product/coreldraw/?hp=hero-pc

Just now, Designer1 said:

The new CorelDRAW 2021 offers much better possibilities

They better do, for 700 bucks. :P

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

3 hours ago, Renaud Denis said:

if you still have the white background in the sight […]

… then:

On 3/12/2021 at 3:01 PM, loukash said:

[…] click the artboard in the Layers panel, then move it with the Move tool somewhere else on the document background, far, far away…

… from the other artboards that distract you.

You can also make use of View Points: affinity.help/designer/English.lproj/pages/Panels/navigatorPanel.html

1. double click an artboard to zoom to selection
  2. Navigator panel > hamburger menu > Advanced
  3. add a new view point from the cog button or hamburger menu
  4. make sure that you have defined a keyboard shortcut for View > Move To Previous View Point & Move To Next View Point in preferences
  5. switch back and forth between saved view points by shortcut or by the Navigator panel popup menu

You can also combine this with View > New View. The difference being that the latter is only temporary by opening the document in a new tab or a new window.

2 minutes ago, loukash said:

… then:

… from the other artboards that distract you.

You can also make use of View Points: affinity.help/designer/English.lproj/pages/Panels/navigatorPanel.html

1. double click an artboard to zoom to selection
  2. Navigator panel > hamburger menu > Advanced
  3. add a new view point from the cog button or hamburger menu
  4. make sure that you have defined a keyboard shortcut for View > Move To Previous View Point & Move To Next View Point in preferences
  5. switch back and forth between saved view points by shortcut or by the Navigator panel popup menu

You can also combine this with View > New View. The difference being that the latter is only temporary by opening the document in a new tab or a new window.

These are workarounds to me, not solutions.

Moving artboards away breaks your artboards layout. And zooming in (even with a view point) will make it reappear as soon as you zoom out.

It's just in your way when you try to focus on an Artboard, call it irrational if you want :)

27 minutes ago, Renaud Denis said:

These are workarounds to me, not solutions.

No, these are Serif's Affinity workflows (vive la différence to "workarounds") and solutions that are available for you to use right now to solve a specific issue you're having. They have been designed for these situations.
If you like Corel's solutions better and want them now, then use CorelDraw by all means. (Heck, for quite a few features that I need, I still can't let go from my antique Schmadobe CS5 either, be it because they're missing or because they are broken in Affinity.)

Moving artboards away breaks your artboards layout.

You can easily recreate your artboard layout e.g. by placing a placeholder rectangle with blank fill and stroke on the original position. As long as the rectangle is outside the artboard layer, it won't move with it. Enable snapping to objects and simply move artboard back to its original position if needed.

And zooming in (even with a view point) will make it reappear as soon as you zoom out.

Then move it even farther. The document background size is virtually infinite.
You can zoom out up to 0.2 % and then just keep on scrolling until literally no end…

It's just in your way when you try to focus on an Artboard, call it irrational if you want

Look, don't get me wrong. I like having as many options as possible just like the next guy. But with this feature request being posted in this section, Serif will unlikely even comment on it anyway. So all I am offering here is what you can do right now by using existing features you may even not know about.

Compared to some of the pathetic view options and clunky workflows that Illustrator CS5 offered, I, for one, am totally happy with what I've got here. :)