You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editing Text on Affinity Designer - from Adobe logo

Hi, 

This is my first attempt at using Affinity Designer and have come to a hurdle; I am trying to edit the text on an existing logo that was created in AI. 

I cannot seem to be able to select the text, is this maybe because it has been rasterised? Is there a way I can do this please? 

Thanks. 

IMG_20210308_204213_410.jpg

158797622_3807938235987984_4394093717476906691_n (1).jpg

Welcome to the Affinity forums @NadiaLily!

As a quick check have a look at the layer of this text in the Layers panel. If the icon is not a A or T this is not editable text. To say more about the logo, could you upload it here?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

2 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Welcome to the Affinity forums @NadiaLily!

As a quick check have a look at the layer of this text in the Layers panel. If the icon is not a A or T this is not editable text. To say more about the logo, could you upload it here?

Thank you for the welcome! When I unlock layers, it says 'Background (pixel)' .....here is the logo. 

158797622_3807938235987984_4394093717476906691_n (1).jpg

159844098_424656528624865_4179769223333556344_n.jpg

Just now, NadiaLily said:

When I unlock layers, it says 'Background (pixel)'

In this case it is an image, which can't be text edited. So you have to rebuild this text portion (and you know the fonts name). And btw I meant to upload the AI file, sorry for being not precise.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

6 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

In this case it is an image, which can't be text edited. So you have to rebuild this text portion (and you know the fonts name). And btw I meant to upload the AI file, sorry for being not precise.

Ah apologies, this one....do you think it would be easier to start this from scratch? 

ojologoFin_(1).eps

Initially you talked about an AI file, but you uploaded an EPS instead. Affinity Designer converts text to curves when it opens an EPS. Attached is a PDF (with editable text) you can open in AD. The used font is OstrichSans-Medium.

ojologoFin_(1).pdf

------

On 3/11/2021 at 12:06 PM, Joachim_L said:

Initially you talked about an AI file, but you uploaded an EPS instead. Affinity Designer converts text to curves when it opens an EPS. Attached is a PDF (with editable text) you can open in AD. The used font is OstrichSans-Medium.

ojologoFin_(1).pdf 72.55 kB · 9 downloads

Thank you, really appreciate your help all completed.