You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where do I find the blend mode in the settings the brush on the iPad?

Hello,
I recently got an iPad and immediately bought both Affinity programs so that I can also create my creative ideas on the go.

The operation is in contrast to the desktop version but quite different on the iPad and I do not find all the settings options as I know them from the desktop version. Among them would be, for example, the possibility of the blend mode for the brushes.

Where do I find this?
Or is it not possible on the iPad to be able to set this in advance?

At the moment I create groups to which I then apply the desired blending mode. Otherwise I am forced to first draw all strokes, select all in the layer palette and then subsequently assign the desired blend mode.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

In the Brushes Studio, long-press (i.e. press and hold) to display a menu. Choose the ‘Edit’ option for this screen:142E8F0F-E50C-46AA-8168-6F5C352DB8EF.thumb.png.24560b72514fffb13f0edaf738896f8d.png

In the Blending Mode section, tap on the arrows for the previous or next mode, or tap on the name of the current mode for a scrollable list.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks for the answer,

I tried it right away, but unfortunately nothing happened.
If I hold down on one of the brushes, a menu appears in which I can then click on Edit. But these are the normal settings for the brush.

Is it possible that there are different versions of the apps?

I use an iPad 8th generation 2020 and not an iPad Pro or iPad Air.
Maybe some functions have not been intigrated on the normal iPads because they are perhaps weaker in terms of performance.

7 minutes ago, PaRunk said:

If I hold down on one of the brushes, a menu appears in which I can then click on Edit. But these are the normal settings for the brush.

I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean.

8 minutes ago, PaRunk said:

Is it possible that there are different versions of the apps?

No.

Alfred spacer.png

I followed the instructions you described exactly, i.e. hold down the brush studio for a long time, but no edit appears and I can't get to the menu you attached as a screenshot.

Are you using the current version 1.9.7?

I always keep all programmes up to date.

@PaRunk

The options @Alfred shows are visible when you are in the Pixel Persona.  In the Designer Persona the menu is different.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

6 minutes ago, PaRunk said:

In the desktop version it is possible to turn on the blend mode before drawing.

I don’t think there’s a control for this in the iPad version, but there should be!

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff
On 3/11/2021 at 12:30 PM, Alfred said:

I don’t think there’s a control for this in the iPad version, but there should be!

Moved to the feedback section of the forums :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)