You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Connecting shapes/objects help please

Hello all,

Tried all morning to draw a circle, then a mountain shape inside. My plan was to connect the mountain line to the circle on either side, then shade the mountain itself inside the circle. 

I don't even know the best way to do this... Add shapes? Join paths at nodes? I've tried both options for hours and end up with the mountain line disappearing altogether or the join shape option greyed out. I keep going in circles. I've watched tutorial videos but the circle doesn't have easily joined end nodes as shown in most of these. 

Might someone be willing to help me? I'm at wits' end...

Attached is a screenshot of the page I'm working on (with internet version I'm trying to replicate below) and also attached is the affinity file itself.

I'd be very grateful for any advice.

Josh

image.png.868abcd287e8825aafbe1e25adf893de.png

Mountain.afdesign

@Josh Neufeld  Here is what I did.  I Shift + dragged an Ellipse shape onto the canvas, and set the Stroke color to black and chose a line width.  I then dragged a Diamond shape onto the canvas, converted it to curves, and set the nodes to imitate the mountain peaks.  I then placed the Diamond shape on top of the Ellipse shape, using the Node tool to alter the mountain to fit the circle.  (My mountain isn't the same shape as yours, but that isn't important here.)  With the mountain layer on top of the ellipse layer, I then clicked on both layers in the Layers panel, and went up to the Context Tool bar to Geometry>Divide.  Then I unchecked the Layer with the portion outside the Ellipse (see sample below) and then clicked on the Mountain Layer and on the Context Toolbar chose Fill:  Black.   

I am sure there will be others (edited:  like @thatGuy who beat me to it) who have a much better way to do this, but at least it is a start!  

1867600202_ScreenShot2021-03-10at1_48_15PM.png.da8314f31d8ee9c66808f51df2189f5a.png

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9