You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Affinity,
And Corel surprised the whole world, they did something that I am waiting for in Affinity Designer. They gave draftsmen the opportunity to work in perspective. The tool is great, I already love it. I am sending the link and asking what do you say?

https://www.coreldraw.com/en/product/coreldraw/?hp=hero-corel#features

Best regard, Maciej

Well the coding is already there in the isometric panel, all it requires is a shift to a different type of grid

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

11 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Well the coding is already there in the isometric panel, all it requires is a shift to a different type of grid

Only that. And only until. Corel solved it perfectly. In addition, editing and modifying objects is carried out in accordance with the currently set grid!

It is wholly unfair to compare Affinity to all of these powerhouse companies, which, considering the resources and workforce they have to hand then include the longevity of development these companies have invested makes it a disadvantaged comparison at best. 

Maybe Affinity should sell version 3 of each app for £300 in line with Corel and give you what you want, would that be acceptable? or maybe the the £500 that Corel is asking for there suite of programs and then the push to subscription when you want to upgrade or be pushed to pay full price again for the next major release.

What about a Pro version with all the bells and whistles a pro could possibly want for £600 per major release would that be worth it?

I doubt it. The offers Affinity were putting out at approx £75 for all three desktop apps were amazing value.

Affinity bang for buck are way ahead of the market, workarounds included.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Adding this to designer would be another task I could drop from illustrator, especially if it worked as well as designers current isometric grids. I find Illustrators perspective grids, although a godsend when working on children books, is very clunky but would be great if you could change the perspective and have the artwork update rather than being left, although I only have CS5 so don't know if this has been addressed in later versions - the CoralDraw version looks really great. when the next book comes along I may even be tempted to give it a whirl - If only we had something like this in Designer, even the ability to just tweak the corners of vector groups to add perspective it would solve a load of workaround headaches for me 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Looks good in the video. But it is not easy to say if it will also work so nice in practicing. And as far as I could see, it's only drawing with two vanishing points, not with three as in reality.

The painting software Rebelle also has an interesting solution for perspective drawing. Didn't test it, but it looks verry good in the demo-video. And it uses three vanishing points, as far as I remember.

I think a usable solution for the meantime could be to have guidelines that are rotatable freely, like f.e. in Inkscape. With that and a little knowledge about perspective, you should be able to create perspectivly realistic scenes.

8 hours ago, iconoclast said:

The painting software Rebelle also has an interesting solution for perspective drawing.

I love Rebelle and flame painter too, very fun apps to use. I have flame painter but not rebelle.

16 hours ago, firstdefence said:

I love Rebelle and flame painter too, very fun apps to use. I have flame painter but not rebelle.

Affinity Designer should develop with the ability to draw in perspective. ArtRage and PaintStorm also have this function. But these are programs designed for artistic painting.

1 hour ago, Designia said:

Affinity Designer should develop with the ability to draw in perspective. ArtRage and PaintStorm also have this function. But these are programs designed for artistic painting.

It would certainly please a lot of people but I reckon the devs little fingers are already going like bees wings. Keep the ideas and requests coming though I’m sure they will get to it in time.