You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with Unsplash (again)

Everytime I have tried to directly drag and place a stock photo from Unsplash onto my screen this week I have had to press Ctrl Alt Delete for task manager in order to restart both Affinity Photo/ Designer because they both simply stop working....only the mouse cursor moves screen. This isn't the case with Pexels and Pixabay which are both working as normal.

Is anybody else having similar problems?

Any advice would be much appreciated

• Staff

Hi @AITCH,
I'm also experiencing issues, although Affinity doesn't become unresponsive for me. Dragging an image from Unsplash simply does nothing in my case. There have been other reports on the forums in the last couple days so it's not only you who is having trouble. We are investigating this. Thanks for reporting it.

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

I'm also experiencing issues, although Affinity doesn't become unresponsive for me. Dragging an image from Unsplash simply does nothing in my case.

I second that rather than the OP's issues for most of the time. But sometimes the apps just close without saving or any other reaction, which is kinda annoying.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

13 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi @AITCH,
I'm also experiencing issues, although Affinity doesn't become unresponsive for me. Dragging an image from Unsplash simply does nothing in my case. There have been other reports on the forums in the last couple days so it's not only you who is having trouble. We are investigating this. Thanks for reporting it.

Hi MEB thanks for replying mate, I wasn't aware that this is already being investigated so apologies for the extra thread

Hi @MEB - in case the additional data point helps diagnosis, I was doing a mini project for work last week (Tuesday 2nd March) and using Unsplash was crashing the app then.  It reminded me of the teething problems the Stock feature had when originally launched.  (Ironic that I've probably not used it since then. :))

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.1.1 release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

yes I had issues with unsplash crashing  photo yesterday and today.  I would drag a photo from the stock panel into a document and the program crashed.  No opportunity to get a crash report just instantly Photo closed.  

Windows 10 pro latest update,