You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Correction Chart for photos/batch processing?

Hi,

Just joined. A friend of mine told me about Affinity Photo and decided to check it out. Was thinking of buying it for work and had a question. I do what's called Photogrammetry. That's a fancy way of saying that I take several pictures from almost every angle imaginable of an object so the computer can use that information to create a 3d mesh. I then turn those scans into materials for use in games. 

The first image I take always has a color correction chart, white balance chart, and a ball that is used for determining light angle in case I need to eventually cancel out shadows/shading (Do this in a different program if needed). Was wondering if Affinity had the ability to use a color correction charts to adjust the coloration and also had the ability to batch process those changes on other images to ensure that all images are correct/consistent. I sometimes take 100-300 images of an object depending on how complicated it is, so this would be needed for me to be productive. 

I found forum topic from 2016 (Link Below) that requested this feature and haven't found anything recent. Looked and haven't found any guides on using a color charts. Was wondering if this was a feature that was implemented, and if not if it's on the plans? If so, when do you think this feature would be added?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/20795-color-correction-with-x-rite-colorchecker-passport/

Edited by SniperGirl85

Not that I see.

Ive always had issues with color picker results being off when using video software to frame up a card, and always had to finish with scopes anyhow.

I actually use DaVinci Resolve (software  pictured in that link). Not the most useful tool. Not to say that other software can’t give great results. 

Couldn't tell you on plans, Nothing in 1.9.1 though.

Hi,

Could you provide some sample photos of these calibration shots, including the exact RGB values of the original charts?

It might be possible to use some macros / procedural text filter to automate the process. 

on question: 

you have one color calibration, to be applied to multiple images?
or hundreds of  calibrations to be extracted?

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.