You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to scale textboxes with content?

Hi!

How can I scale text boxes together with their contents (ADesinger and APublisher)?

When I scale using the handles, only the box scales - the font remains as large or small as it is.

Thanks for answers!

Regards, Martin

iMac 27", 2017/Big Sur 11.2.2
MacMini M1/BigSur 11.2.2

I use the frame text. I've just noticed the second handle on the bottom right corner.  With this I can also scale the content.

But I find that very limiting. Is there also a way to scale the content using the other handles?

Thanks for any advice!

Regards, Martin

MacMini M1/BigSur 11.2.2

If you where to select > shift > select in the layer panel, or shift click, or select multiple things anyway with the move tool on the screen - you will then have multiple groups/layers or “items” selected (however you have your work organized). Say 3 Circles and 2 text frames.

Then you would want to use the far bottom right to adjust them all proportionally. Holding shift will break the horizontal/vertical linking.

8 minutes ago, muelli75 said:

thank you @Wikkiwhite for this tip - its useful!

But not the hoped-for solution so that you can scale the object from all sides.

It’s a bit relative on what is selected. A normal shape or curve can be adjust as you wish while holding shift to adjust from any side. When you grab a text frame and a text size, designer seems to be treating them as two different items, which they kind of are - so it makes sense. You are adjust the work space and font at the same time. I guess that’s the way I think of it.

Thank you for the explanation! Now I can at least understand what the thoughts were for the function and it makes really sense.

Nevertheless, handles that scale both at the same time would be like Christmas and Easter on the same day. 😍

Regards, Martin

MacMini M1/BigSur 11.2.2

3 minutes ago, Wikkiwhite said:

You’ll eventually get reprogrammed by designer and naturally grab bottom right.

But…what if I need to scale differently? Maybe I'm aligning with other objects and that bottom right corner is the "anchor point" for the alignment. I'd like it to stay put while I scale from the upper left corner. No can do in Affinity at the moment.