You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

retouch on protected layers

Hi there,

I just noticed that the ipad version doesn't stop the user from retouching protected layers immediately (repair, clone etc tools). It takes a few seconds after opening a project until the protection starts working and changes wont be applied anymore.

I have neither tested if the same happens on the desktop version or if other types of changes like painting on the layer would work as well.

28 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Do you mean Lock Layer (padlock symbol)?

Yes, that is what I meant.

Well then we have to change the topic in 'retouching sometimes wont be applied' because thats what happens. But sadly I do not have an recipe to recreate a problem. I thought it would be because of the locked layers but if that is not the case, it has to be something else.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I know this took quite the time. It does appear at random so most attempts failed when I tried to recreate the situation.

I finally managed to get the bug recorded. Even though there is nothing to see. Just me encircling stuff like a maniac. What the video doesn't show is my pen movement: I encircle the area meant to retouch and drag to any destination place but nothing happens. I don't change anything else and it always appears when I do a lot of retouching mid doing so.

Like I do 20-30 small changes with the tool and suddenly nothing happens anymore. I have to leave the project and enter again for it to work again.

Yes, as I said, its hard to replicate. Sometimes it happens often sometimes not at all.

I have a feeling (really just a feeling) that it happens more often if you zoom on detail like in the example and often drag the image around to work on it.

Combined with spamming the program with retouching.