You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.9.1.979, Windows 10, rendering bug when exporting to image file, or fusing visible layers to a single pixel layers

First of, stating the obvious, everything was working right until the latest update on March 5th.

Running an Acer 5 laptop. 16 gb of RAM, i7, 7th generation CPU, 1050ti GPU.

Here's what my image is supposed to look like.

5e3240c9ed73e0.96503460.png.3939a42259f9d71df526ce120212b44d.png

Then I try to export it as any image file. JPEG, PNG, etc. I also tried with the Export persona. I tried by fusing all the visible layers into a single pixelated one. Regardless, it turns into this corrupted mess.

910994568_Sanstitre.png.7f56fa2aaf78156eea964d4a336d064b.png

And every time I do it, the corrupted bits are placed differently.

I've tried a couple documents with the same background elements, still does it. I tried copying the layers into a new document, still does it.

HOWEVER, I've opened the Photo file into Affinity Designer, and exported it from there, and there was no corruption at all. So at least I've got this temporary fix.

Here's what my background layers look like. They have various layer effects and transparency, nothing out of the ordinary.

2119953231_Capturedcran2021-03-07202338.png.0f213dd9c5a5c3c628ccddd977078527.png

Has anyone experienced a similar bug? Have you fixed it? Is the Affinity team aware of its existence? Is it just me? 😂

Thanks in advance for the help, and I'll give any other details you guys may ask for.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @Crash Dummieand Welcome to the Forums,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your thread, we are currently catching up on a backlog of Support Tickets.

As for the issue you are having, does this still happen in the latest update?  If so can you try, opening Affinity and click Edit>Preferences>Performance and at the bottom of this window is an option for OpenCL, if that's ticked, untick it and close Preferences and you'll be asked to restart Affinity.  Once restarted, try using the app again and let me know the results.