You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Black and White Artifacts on Images after Export.

Hey everyone,

I have been using a combination of CaptureOne and Affinity Photo for the last few years on my 13" macbook pro without issue. I just picked up a surface pro 7 with the i7 and 16gb ram in order to edit with the pen. I am noticing upon export I am getting black or white marks on images. I am currently running the trial software 1.9.1.979 and get these marks upon export to JPG from Affinity, or when I transfer the image back to CaptureOne for export. There is essentially no way for me to export or save an image that I worked on in Affinity without these marks.

I contacted Affinity customer service about 1 week ago and haven't heard anything back. I have uploaded two images. One is the image upon import to affinity and the second is upon export.

my workflow is this regardless of operating system.

1) load images into CaptureOne. Make major edits on RAW image. Once the image is completed I send to Affinity for final edits.

2) edit the image in Affinity and either send back to CaptureOne for final export or export right from affinity. 

Regardless of my workflow these marks happen the second the image is exported from Affinity. I can import an image, make zero adjustments, and immediately export it, and the marks show up in the exported file.

I tried editing this image on my macbook pro and neither one created these artifacts. It only shows on the surface running windows 10.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sample_Before.jpg

Sample_Export.jpg

Edited by JTM Photography
Adding more clarification

• 11 months later...