You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to buy Affinity program while on free trial?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @WJ4. :)

You can purchase a licence for Affinity Photo via this link: https://affinity.serif.com/photo/#buy

When you launch the app you should be presented with two options:

1. Enter Product Key

2. Continue Trial

Choosing the first of those options will result in your being asked to enter the product key provided to you when you made your purchase.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

@Mabel Lucy

The product key for the purchased version is supplied to you when the actual purchase and payment is confirmed.  You don't need the (missing) trial version key in order to buy the full version.

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

This is a related question that I have not found a specific answer for in the forms.

I have a Trial Version, but then purchased a version. Should I uninstall the Trial Version and reinstall, or is the Trial Version a fully functional version?

The purchased version included some Overlays by Paper Farms. Are those also in the Trial Version, or is that a reason to reinstall the purchased version?

Cheers, 

• Staff

@CWF

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

1 hour ago, CWF said:

Should I uninstall the Trial Version and reinstall, or is the Trial Version a fully functional version?

The trial IS the full paid for version, so do not uninstall, simply type in the purchase product key and it will convert. After the trialness is gone you will be asked to "Register" the application in the My Account feature. Once you have registered the overlays in the basket can be downloaded directly within the My Account feature (and unlocked in your Affinity Store account)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon