You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 3/7/2021 at 11:10 AM, Mark Robinson said:

Here's a suggestion for your next App – 3D modelling for makers. Think about the needs of hobbyists wanting to draw something in 3D then CNC, laser cut or 3D print. Existing Apps are really poor compared to your suite.

Not sure I understand, how can existing apps for 3D modelling be poor compared to the Affinity Apps that are not made for 3D modelling?

I have a 3D printer that I toy around with, have not gotten into creating my own models yet but eventually will get into that. It seems like there is already a lot of options for 3D creation.

Hey @Mark Robinson, you have great software for that, but you have to be willing to learn. 3D is it's own whole field and you can expect a steeper learning curve. You cannot compare 2D to 3D. It's apples and cogs.
Here the program you should look into as a maker: FreeCAD: Your own 3D parametric modeler (freecadweb.org)
And here if you want to do 3D Animation: blender.org - Home of the Blender project - Free and Open 3D Creation Software

In my opinion Affinity Suite should remain 2D and keep on making those alternatives to Adobes programs (of course there are some 3D features in them too...).