You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v191 Grid :: weird Offset + Scaling

1. Separated Mode:
New documents in v1.9.1 don't display a useful grid. The grid appears partially only, its offset varies with the page position within the window, its scaling doesn't fit to its setting (1 cm ≈ 2 cm). A document created in a former APub version doesn't show this issue. An app relaunch doesn't prevent from this bug.

2. Non-Separated Mode:
When switching to non-separated mode then the bug jumps from New documents (v191) to the earlier (initially created months before 191) – while the grid in the new .afpubs appears as expected.
Note: see here also the missing paper white in the older .afpub. This issue occurs since many versions every time I toggle between separated / non-separated mode.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

deebz, these jumping buttons were reported a few times by others for versions before v191. – How about your grid view in separated vs non-separated & new vs old .afpubs?

19 minutes ago, thomaso said:

these jumping buttons were reported

Apologies I didn’t realise that, just spotted them dancing around and wondered if related. I’ll have a look at grids next time I’m in front of my desk.

• 4 months later...

v.1109 – In a short test in both window modes and with new and existing .afpubs none of this grid issues occur.

The jumping macOS traffic light buttons still occur when zooming.