samrosecruz

[Fixed] Crash after accessing a layer's Layer Style (PSD Import)

I'm using the free trial version of Affinity Design and this is one bug I noticed. I tried to open a PSD file, some layers of the file have Layer Styles. Upon importing, the layer styles didn't render but the layer is present. I looked into that layer and I saw the "fx" icon and I try to access it because maybe I can try to recreate the layer style. I clicked the 'fx' icon and the app crashed.

Not seeing the layer styles from the start is sort of a hassle too because soon I'm gonna ditch my PS and I'm finding a new editing software. What if the PSD was from a client and I'm not aware of the original style provided? That might 'cause some problems.

Thank you and I hope you look into this because I'm really trying to find a good software that can import PSD and AI flawlessly

First Screenshot: File opened on PS

Second: FIle opened on AD (Gradient is gone)

Third: FX icon on that layer

post-916-0-96537100-1412221859_thumb.png

post-916-0-98402400-1412221886_thumb.png

post-916-0-11587500-1412221895_thumb.png

Layers styles, effects and adjustments should all import correctly.  Are you using CC?  It might be new tags we have yet to see.

Is there any chance you can upload the file so I can test it?  Thanks.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

I am having the same problem with a gradient on a text layer in a PSD file.

the gradient does not show, and when I try to edit the gradient, the app crashes.

I can upload the file for you guys to test, but I don't see an option to attach files.

OK I am attaching a simple PSD file created in Photoshop with gradient applied to text. Affinity Photo beta also behaves the same way - no visible gradient, and then crashes when opening the fx panel. Hope this helps.

test.psd