You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

THREE purchases No license

Two times my credit card was declined. I tried a different card for a THIRD purchase.

I have no product but my cards are in fact being charged. $74.97 each transaction. What is going on?

Is this fraud? My business has been closed due to COVID since last April. I don't have money to throw around.

Please Address Immediately!

8 hours ago, Maripat said:

Two times my credit card was declined. I tried a different card for a THIRD purchase.

I have no product but my cards are in fact being charged. $74.97 each transaction. What is going on?

Is this fraud? My business has been closed due to COVID since last April. I don't have money to throw around.

Please Address Immediately!

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Sorry you're having this problem. It seems somewhat common in Europe due to the extra requirements on authentication for using credit cards for online purchases. The general answer from Serif to similar questions has been:

1. The payment did not in fact go through, regardless of what your bank may say, and they did not receive any money.

2. Your funds have been locked in case the transaction completes. It will not complete, and in a few days the bank will realize that and release the funds back into your account. (The nearest similar example I can speak of personally is using a card for a fuel purchase at a gas station in the US. When you present the card some amount (perhaps $100) is "locked" in your account. When the sale completes, the actual amount is debited from the account, and the locked funds released. For you, the sale has not yet completed, but it will eventually be canceled automatically by the bank.)

3. The usual suggestion is to check that your browser is up-to-date, and perhaps try a different browser.

4. One user has reported that Javascript is important in this processing, and must be enabled in the browser. And they reported that the NoScript extension they had installed in their browser was causing the problem for them.

The Serif team is very busy right now, and working from home with limited resources due to the pandemic, and it's the weekend, so I'm not sure when one of them will respond to your post. But I wanted to give you some background information and help reassure you that no fraud is involved.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

@Maripat and @NotSpawnCamper

Sorry that you have had a problem with our purchasing system. I am having your transactions investigated on Monday. I have replied to your emails also. Please do not post any financial transaction details here but can you reply to the email I sent with as much information as you have.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon