You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RTL issues on Affinity APPS

RTL not supported in AFFINITY Publisher, Designer, Photo

I am from ASIAN, ARABIC native which our language nearly 100% typography design RTL

Until now the AFFINITY Apps still not support natively RTL

Please upgrade soonest possible because RTL is one of the major bugs and totally disturbed for a great professional works.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

AFFINITY 1.10
The biggest update performance, but sadly still not support RTL.

As RTL native, surely this is still the major problems and feel very pains.

I will always support AFFINITY APPS but for a temporary need to switch to other platform because do not need to wasting more dollar and times, jump there, jump here, work there, work here, especially to convert RTL works to AFFINITY.

Please upgrade soonest possible!

I'm not native in an RTL language, but my job nearly always includes Arabic, Hebrew and Persian versions of the text. Speaking of non-Roman languages, Chinese and Japanese are two other languages that are always needed.

It seems that multi-lingual support is no longer simply an option, in an interconnected world. I'm surprised this is not a top priority in the Affinity set.

Paolo

On 8/10/2021 at 11:04 PM, PaoloT said:

I'm surprised this is not a top priority in the Affinity set.

I recommend searching the forum, posts on this topic and with the comments of developers are here repeatedly.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2021 at 9:52 PM, Hassan Hayastani said:

AFFINITY 1.10

I will always support AFFINITY APPS but for a temporary need to switch to other platform because do not need to wasting more dollar and times, jump there, jump here, work there, work here, especially to convert RTL works to AFFINITY.

lol dreams never come true  with affinity, they said will fix it on 2019

On 8/10/2021 at 2:52 PM, Hassan Hayastani said:

AFFINITY 1.10

Is it a problem? It is a feature they have not implemented and I would say you should always demo and try software before you buy to make sure it can do what you want it to do. 

Not sure why you would support Affinity if the apps don't work for your needs, seems your money would be better spent elsewhere to get the features you need in order to be productive. 

On 9/21/2021 at 7:50 AM, Mohannad said:

lol dreams never come true  with affinity, they said will fix it on 2019

Affinity said they would add RTL in 2019?

10 minutes ago, wonderings said:

Is it a problem? It is a feature they have not implemented and I would say you should always demo and try software before you buy to make sure it can do what you want it to do. 

Not sure why you would support Affinity if the apps don't work for your needs, seems your money would be better spent elsewhere to get the features you need in order to be productive. 

Affinity said they would add RTL in 2019?

why would you response to the post if you didn't read all the subjects releated to the same matter and see if affainity staff member have said "they will fix this issue but not on the sort term but might on the long term" every person will qoute this post will ask me the same question, if this problem doesn't concern you please go find better subject to discuss.

On 9/24/2021 at 2:17 PM, Mohannad said:

why would you response to the post if you didn't read all the subjects releated to the same matter and see if affainity staff member have said "they will fix this issue but not on the sort term but might on the long term" every person will qoute this post will ask me the same question, if this problem doesn't concern you please go find better subject to discuss.

I am asking a question and would agree that if Affinity had promised they would have RTL by 2019 it would be something to complain about. Your quote has a key word "might". This is not a definitive "we will do this", this is a "we may do this". I would say welcome to the internet if the idea of someone talking about something that is not directly impacting them is new to you or it upsets you.