You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shape Builder (Affinity Designer)

Hello, I want you to see this complete video about a tool similar to Adobe Illustrator's Shape Creator, which can help us create complex symbols of graphic marks in Afinity Designer this is a NODE TOOL, I think this tool has several functionalities and it will help us a lot of.
I would like Serif to be able to make tutorial videos to make the functions of this tool more known.

Courtesy:
Idle hands

Tutorial name:
Shape Builder (Affinity Designer)

Too bad he doesn't use Power Duplicate - it would be significantly faster.

Alternatively, I would use the Contour Tool.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Pšenda: Power Duplicate wouldn’t help when creating the duplicates of the circles initial set of (duplicated and manipulated) circles as it increases the size proportionally rather than incrementally. However, use of the Contour Tool, as you say, would probably make it easier to do (the video was posted on 4th March which is after the Contour Tool was available).

Also, the video creator could have saved quite a bit of time by using snapping rather than trying to line the circles up by eye.

Edited by GarryP
Added clarification.

4 hours ago, GarryP said:

Power Duplicate wouldn’t help

? Duplicate a group of circles and move them the same distance?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:07 AM, Pšenda said:

Too bad he doesn't use Power Duplicate - it would be significantly faster.

Alternatively, I would use the Contour Tool.

The objective of this video tutorial created by Idle Hands on YouTube and shared by me is so that those who did not know the functionality of the Affinity Contour Tool know it and see its function. So much so that Serif has been asked to add a tool similar to Adobe Illustrator's Shape Builder. This Affinity tool is a great alternative to Adobe Illustrator's Shape Creator for all of us logo designers.

On 3/6/2021 at 8:51 AM, GarryP said:

Pšenda: Power Duplicate wouldn’t help when creating the duplicates of the circles initial set of (duplicated and manipulated) circles as it increases the size proportionally rather than incrementally. However, use of the Contour Tool, as you say, would probably make it easier to do (the video was posted on 4th March which is after the Contour Tool was available).

Also, the video creator could have saved quite a bit of time by using snapping rather than trying to line the circles up by eye.

The objective of this video tutorial created by Idle Hands on YouTube and shared by me is so that those who did not know the functionality of the Affinity Contour Tool know it and see its function. So much so that Serif has been asked to add a tool similar to Adobe Illustrator's Shape Builder. This Affinity tool is a great alternative to Adobe Illustrator's Shape Creator for all of us logo designers.

@Andrés Rivera Gómez Did you intend to post the same reply three times?

Also, is the video supposed to show use of the Contour Tool or the Node Tool?
I only ask as your original post mentions the Node Tool while your later posts seem to say that the video is to show people the Contour Tool, even though it’s not used in the video.
It would be nice to get some clarrification.