You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, as before it is not possible to get both 1.9.1 Photo and Designer - loading up and the last mm crash. I never had it with Publisher out of Affinity. I have not the money allways to do it twice or more.

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

There have been various solutions to the installation problems that have been happening recently with the MAS apps. If you're actually crashing, though, I'm not sure what the problem might be. But I think you need to work on resolving those problems if you don't want to purchase the applications again from Serif.

Note that the applications at the Affinity Store are on a 50% off sale at the moment, so if you do need to switch stores it's a good time to do it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

30 minutes ago, mikerofoto said:

If you have  Affinity Photo from the apple store, switching to Sherif website, you have to delete AP first before installing the one from Sherif?

I don't know what the procedure is for installing the one from the Affinity Store if you already have the one from the Mac App Store. Perhaps someone from Serif can comment on that, or a Mac user with experience.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

11 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I don't know what the procedure is for installing the one from the Affinity Store if you already have the one from the Mac App Store.

I can’t imagine the two versions happily coexisting on the same computer, and I don’t see why anyone would need or want such an arrangement. Even on Windows most uninstallation procedures don’t take long, and my understanding is that Mac users just need to drag the app icon to the Trash and then empty the Trash, so having to uninstall one version before installing the other is hardly a major inconvenience.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

I can’t imagine the two versions happily coexisting on the same computer, and I don’t see why anyone would need or want such an arrangement.

Add the two versions use different locations for the code and for the support files,  coexistence may be easier than you think.

As for keeping both, it makes it easier to compare how they work, and to make sure you transferred all the settings correctly.

-- Walt
PC:

Thanks so much. I don´t understand it.

Publisher comes from Affinity server – no problems. It is shown in my Aff. account as the workbooks Photo and Designer too. But not the Apps Photo and Designer, I bought it in Appstore? Don´t know.

I deleted Photo and Designer from my Mac now; bought it only to help the start. If they will not changed to my Aff.-account... SERVUS

3 hours ago, larsh said:

Publisher comes from Affinity server – no problems. It is shown in my Aff. account as the workbooks Photo and Designer too. But not the Apps Photo and Designer, I bought it in Appstore? Don´t know.

The apps you buy from the Mac App Store will never show up in your Affinity Store account. You need to buy the apps from the Affinity Store for them to be in your Affinity Store account.

-- Walt
PC:

Ja, Walt, but they could do it. If some day they start a very new version which calls for money I can do or not.

What ever. May be the problem is this: In the Mac comes up a message to update in the system settings (Systemeinstellungen). And try it from this message does not work. To start the update below the Apple-sign (left corner above) in the appstore may work. May be or it is sunday... (and may be I found it month before). Best, lars

2 minutes ago, larsh said:

they could do it

Serif could only show MAS purchases in the Affinity Store if Apple shared individual customer data with them. Quite rightly, both Serif and Apple respect their customers’ privacy and therefore don’t share this kind of information with other companies.

Alfred spacer.png

Hi, Alfred. They know I bought it and there is no problem to set this to my account together to Publisher and the workbooks... Regards, lars

10 minutes ago, larsh said:

They know I bought it

Serif know you’re using it and they know you claim to have bought it from the MAS, but they can’t ask Apple to provide confirmation of the transaction. What you’re requesting is a bit like expecting Amazon to keep a record of your eBay purchases.

Alfred spacer.png

I never use Amazon or Adobe.

May be here is the way to update,may be I´m an idiot (or both).

First in Big Sur the same as before in Catalina – stopp just before finish.

1222115751_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-07um16_30_09.png.55b5a1eaf2151bf6293312620b5998e0.png

After that I deleted the Photo app (and later the same with Design). Appstore did not see it.

Restart of the Mac

Appstore: my account (!), now the download file is shown and really it works.