You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.2.997

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Improved hardware acceleration with live filters
  • Fixed Live filters that have any position controls being broken on saving and re-opening the document
  • Fixed Canon D90 + EF-S10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens not being identified 
  • Added lens corrections & LensType mappings for Irix 11mm F4 and Irix 150mm F2.8 lenses 
  • Added support for Adobe Lens Correction Profiles 
  • Improved performance of Export and Merge Visible for documents with lots of live filters by working in larger tiles
  • Fixed crash at startup due to bad OpenCL drivers (really this time)
  • Fixed some downloadable brushes being considered undeletable
  • Fixed being unable to download full resolution OpenAsset images
  • Improved Brush and Asset categories to be alphabetically sorted
  • Fixed line breaks not being copied to clipboard 

Previous release notes

Thank you for this build @Mark Ingram

1- Download [for both AfDesign and AfPhoto] went straight and fast, no problems, no hang and crash.
2- Loading was good, standard speed
3- Also the drag ndrop issue i had with previous build is gone and i'm happy.

I have a potential project on hand that will determine more and if i find something i'll text here.

Regards.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

I believe a lot of work is to be done on that HW accel. thing.
Possible I use WARP ?
What difference will it bring ? 
Known i own a Quadro K2000 by Nvidia

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Thanks for the new beta. Download was working fast for me and the installation was working was well without any problems. It feels that both apps are starting up a bit faster.
Well done so far 👍

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

7 hours ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

I think something seriously broke in this latest build. Here's a pretty serious graphical bug where the layer I was working on got corrupted completely while inside an embedded document. I had GPU acceleration deactivated as well

Is that repeatable? Can you provide the document to reproduce it?

On 3/6/2021 at 10:38 AM, Mark Ingram said:

Is that repeatable? Can you provide the document to reproduce it?

Been trying my best to replicate it for the last hour or so, but to no avail. The only thing I recall that I did beforehand was that I went into the main document, selected a part of a layer I wanted to cut out, then I pasted it into the embedded document and merged it with another layer. After I had been painting a bit on this layer all of a sudden this happened. Don't know if that triggered it, but I can't figure it out as of now since I can't get the bug to appear again despite trying to do the same actions.

Here's the document if you want to experiment yourself, anyway.

Testing Embedded.afphoto

Still, I did manage to find some troubling performance issues and weird interactions while working with an embedded document. Here's a video where my undo history completely refuses to update the canvas and it is in some kind of freezing stage where you can't go back and forth on the timeline using the slider (it resets back to its original position) and clicking on the thumbnails doesn't work either. Not to mention the freezes happening when switching between the main document and embedded document. When I switch between the two documents things seem to work again, but it still remains unresponsive from time to time regardless.

Here's also an error I got when saving my document. Causes the program to freeze for a while and then later the document closes.

7 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

WARP is just for presenting the document. It won't affect acceleration.

Hi Mark 

Thanks for your answer, appreciated.
BTW is it normal that both "Save" and "Export" takes ages now?
I mean old build was a bit faster doing that and the concept of "waiting too long" wasn't invited in the party.

Does this affect only me or changes have been recently made? I use no HW Accel. as my GPU just can't so it's not linked to my GPU unless the app is trying to force that functionality in BG.

Well whatever that is, I believe it will fixed or explained so to make things clear.
Blessings

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

10 minutes ago, Ian Brockbank said:

Yay! This is the first 1.9.x which will start on my computer.

Thank you.

Sounds like you may have a bad Intel OpenCL driver on your machine, we've had a few customers who've reported similar issues (Intel are aware of the issue and are investigating).