You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Linked resources rescale after update

Hey everyone,

I have a very similar, if not identical, problem.
I also have multiple versions of an app icon on different artboards in an .afdesign file, which in turn are linked in a publisher document. The scaling has been fixed, but today it's the wrong/missing recognition of the bleed/trim box: The design is – despite the same configured properties of the image frame as yesterday (Scale to Minimum Fit) – always placed a bit too far up, outside the frame when updated.

I was happy to hear that the scaling bug had been fixed already ... too happy too soon. 😬

Greetings
MrDoodlezz

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Hi Postmadesign and MrDoodlezz,

Would be possible to grab a quick screen recording showing the behaviour you're getting with the files please and a copy of the files as well please? I'm struggling to visualize what you're actually seeing.

I've created a Dropbox link to upload to our internal account below:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/gB8DfeoUHzJJfAdJL09x

Thanks,

Hey Sean,

done – hope you can get some use out of the files. 😅

Cheers
MrDoodlezz

Wait a second … I got confused! I just noticed this is a bug regarding Designer on MacOS, not Publisher on Windows – how did I end up here?! 😬
My bug belongs into the Publisher thread, so you guys may ignore it, or maybe @Sean P could you forward this bug? 😅

I read the title and skimmed the posts without realising it was a Designer related bug and not Publisher.

Sorry for the confusion!
MrDoodlezz

Thanks for sorting it out, @Sean P! 👍

Apart from the ignored bleed or bounding box, I'm still wondering if I'm the only one with the problem.
I have the same bug with all the other linked resources. Unfortunately, this is exactly what I thought
the update was supposed to fix and what I was looking forward to.

Moreover, the problem is system-independent - on the Mac it behaves exactly the same for me:
After a resource has been adjusted or changed outside of Publisher, the complete scaling is reset,
sometimes the resources are even rotated.

Cheers
MrDoodlezz

• 4 weeks later...