You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Boxes appearing around text with Outer Shadow (created pre-v.1.9)

Hi all,

I searched and found a similar problem to this but this is slightly different, so I thought I'd start a new topic.

I created a title throughout a catalogue with an Outer Shadow on it. It's the only effect on the text (the other thread I saw about this also had an Inner Glow). It showed no problems when printing at home.

The proofs have come back from the printers, and every title now has a box around the text. (Unhelpfully - and inexplicably - the proof came with a note saying they'd used a different machine for the proof than the one they'll use for the final printed catalogue...).

Apologies for the quality and changed colour of the scan - I've no idea what happened there - but the box around the text gives an accurate idea of the strength of the effect.

This was created using whatever version of the app was prior to 1.9.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.40.53.png

b_a_t.png

Could you upload a stripped down version of the APu document here?

Edit: Did you send a PDF to the printer bureau or was it the APu document? If PDF, can you upload the PDF too?

Edited by Joachim_L
Forgot to ask something

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for responding.

I sent the printers the PDF. The client doesn't want me to upload the whole catalogue PDF, as it's their first catalogue and commercially sensitive.

However, I've uploaded the original PDF as sent to the printer for the page I showed above, as well as for a preceding page - you'll see why when you see the scans of the printed versions. There are artefacts everywhere on the preceding page, both around transparent PNGs and basic graphic shapes.

(The scans aren't great again - I wonder whether it's down to the paper used by the printer, as usually our scanner is fine.)

I've also uploaded the Publisher file for the relevant two pages.

Thanks for your help,
Patrick

PS
I'm aware that there's a difference in opacity between the two drop shadows on the second page; I was checking the difference.

From my side there are no problems. I made some printouts with various settings both from APu and a PDF reader. Out of curiousity: What is the name of the proof system? I had some problems with ancient PCL versions a while ago.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed