You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color profile NOT embedded

Affinity Publisher 1.9.1 • macOS Catalina 10.15.7

I've set up a document for print. Exported and transferred it to the print company. They called me and said that there is no color profile embedded. 

I used the standard settings for »Export for Print«.

Then I exported the same document as PDF/X-3, because it does contain RGB images. Again no color profile embedded.

What is wrong with this version, is there any workaround? I never had that problem with Scribus, and I don't have the time to re-build the document in Scribus. Any help will be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 09.37.57.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 09.37.22.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 09.36.51.png

hobbyists discuss new camera features

photographers discuss new software

masters discuss light

If you don't know where the problem is, how should I know it? 

They checked the document (exported PDF) with Acrobat Pro, and Acrobat displayed that there is no color profile embedded. Acrobat did not mention anything about a missing output intent. I know that there is a huge difference between a missing output intent and a missing color profile. At least in Scribus I can export a PDF for PDF/X-3 without an output intent or string. Scribus will ask me, but if I don't submit it, the file can be printed anyway. I'm already doing pre-press for 30 years, but never encountered such a weird behavior. 

Doesn't anybody do a dry run with your own software to check for errors? I mean, where is the problem to create a new document, put some text, images and graphics into it, export it as a pdf for print and check that document?

masters discuss light

So werden noch längere Zeit die drei wichtigsten PDF/X Farbräume parallel existieren: PDF/X-1a als der sicherste Druckstandard, PDF/X-3 als der gebräuchlichste und PDF/X-4 als der flexibelste, aber auch sensibelste und „verantwortungsvollste“ Standard der Dreien.

You want me to send sensitive customer data to an unknown person? How absurd is this! I want that the developers code a solution, nothing else.

Just to repeat the problem: AFFINITY PUBLISHER DOES NOT EMBED THE COLOR PROFILE IN PDF/X-3 FILES.

As long as this problem persists, the software is absolutely unusable. Thank God that I have Scribus to continue my work...

masters discuss light